Whats the best in your opinion? I used Guitar rig 3 and that was pretty cool, but i'd like to try something new.

I want it mostly for metal tones but some versatility would be nice.
I've tried amplitube and thats not very good, i've heard good things about peavey revalver though

Any other suggestions?
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Revalver is certainly my favourite. It's more suitable for metal tones but I could get some nice clean sounds and effects too. Don't hesitate to try it out!

I checked out Waves GTR 3 on my friend's computer and it kinda blew me away. It's more versatile I think.

You might wanna use these amp sims with cab impulses. I'm not so good in this stuff since I'm merely using the softwares for practice, but a lot of guys on the net seem to have made decent sounding recordings with it.
There's the Revalver Peavey, which has JSX and 6505 models, so it would be suitable for metal - there's a review on MusicRadar with some soundclips.
ReValver is awesome, I really like that software, everything is tweakable which is pretty sweet.

I still prefer Gearbox/POD Farm over Guitar Rig 3 and Amplitube though, needs quite a bit of tweaking to get a good sound, but imo, the sounds achievable are better
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Im gonna look into the revalver, i like the sound of the 5150 or 6505 if you believe in copyright.
Ill also look into waves gtr3 afterwards although, like i said, i dont need alot of versatility just metal, a medium distortion and some good cleans.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3