gak have a megadeal on the little Laney LC 15-119 15w valve amp.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75479

anyone use one of these? it has a celestion speaker, which i hear is one of the best going. how would this amp compare to a fender blues junior?

are Laney a reliable brand or should i cough up the extra green for a blues junior?
Well what type of music are you going to be playing.

The LC15 is more American modern voiced with okay cleans and decent distortion whereas the Blues Junior, well isn't.
blues mainly. SRV, Rory Gallagher, Jimi. but i like a bit of choice to do other stuff also.
Well if you can find a Laney VC15 that would do the tones you want, but I wouldn't recommend the LC.
It has better cleans, better overdriven tones and it's British voiced so it's a much better fit for the music you want to play. The LC does modern metal tones pretty well, but nothing else.
LC15 is a lovely amp, i play alot of gary moore and i loved it, i already play a GH100L and i think the LC15 with the added reverb does make a good blues amp you just gotta find the right way to set it up
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
i'd have thought the blues junior might be better for those tones. can you try both?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
in my local music store they dont have the blues junior. all they have is the LC15, and a few peaveys that i dont like. because of this, id be buying from the web, so wouldnt have a chance to try them out first.
ugh. i know the problem, i can never get to try half the stuff i want here either.

the big problem is that (a) you can't try the BJ and (b) the lc15 sounds pretty different from the vc15. so you can't really go by the tone of the lc15 unfortunately...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, I can try and help you out a little bit. I have a FBJ paired with a TS-808 to get my SRV and jimi sounds. Even though say a Fuzzface would be better for the jimi tones, I went for the slightly cheaper TS. Never tried the laney, but I can say my FBJ sounds amazing for what I want.