Before anyone starts giving out, I know there is a thread on these guys already, but It has 9 posts and is 3 years old, i.e. dead.

If you are a fan of ulver/drudkh/agalloch, you NEED to hear Heart of The Ages. Quite simply, one of the most perfect metal albums ever. To quote the band themselves, its 'somewhere between Bathory and Pink Floyd', which is accurate as you can get.

A link for the non-believers http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=B0zx-J4VW2k
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I have Heart of The Ages and Omnio.

Good stuff.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Much better then Green Carnation to be honest.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Yeah I got a Green Carnation cd from the library before, couldnt really get into it much.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Light of Day, Day of Darkness is the only one I can stand from GC.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Already know them, but I actually kinda forgot about them for some reason - I must have gone briefly mad.

Cheers for the reminder. I downloaded the album, and it must have one of the albums I forgot to replace when my harddrive was wiped. I remember looking for Heart of the Ages in Dublin once, with no luck.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I really enjoy Heart of the Ages.
The whammy effect on the title track is kinda weird though
Great atmosphere.
The first scream in the opening track of Heart of The Ages is the single most hair-raising moment ever.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
That was a great ****ing song, I can't believe I've never checked this band out before!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
They covered White Rabbit?

I'm sold.

But seriously, this is incredible music. I need to get a hold of some of this.
Best way to describe Omnio and Heart of ages?

Stunningly ethereal.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I'm acquiring Heart of The Ages at the moment. From that youtube clip I expect great things.
I can take a road that'll see me through.
I've had Strange in Stereo for eons, never really gave it much of a chance.

Will have to give it another gander.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
woah, really good stuff.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
My God. This is stunning. I'm going to have to look for Heart of the Ages, I love those eerie clean vocals, perfect. They remind me of Sol Invictus actually, they have that sort of atmosphere.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
What's up with the Green Carnation dissin', yo?

I got Omnio from these dudes, haven't given it a listen in a while
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Omnio is great Kepulix, you must listen to it soon. I've really only checked out Heart of The Ages and Omnio, can't say anything for the other albums yet...
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Omnio is on my eventually listen to albums

I must say that Heart of Ages is pretty sweet though
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
I strongly urge you to expedite it to the top of your list ;{D
In the Woods are one of those bands that I've been meaning to check out but never got around to it.

After hearing The Divinity of Wisdom, Heart of the Ages is becoming a priority for me.
Epic bump for an epic band.

I've been spinning Heart of the Ages more and more these days, such a fantastic, woodsy record. The prog rock elements in the album are so damn good. I haven't heard Omnio but I am going to change that very shortly.

This band seriously needs more recognition around here.
These are one of those bands that i keep meaning to check out, but keep forgetting about them. **** it i'm not in uni for another couple of hours i'll just listen to them on Youtube.
Quote by logboy
These are one of those bands that i keep meaning to check out, but keep forgetting about them. **** it i'm not in uni for another couple of hours i'll just listen to them on Youtube.

Do it, Heart of the Ages is sweeeeet.

Speaking of which, I had a brief convo with Broadsword a while ago about the Agalloch-y feel of that album. After listening a few times recently, I can agree that the influence on Agalloch is clearly there.
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Quote by logboy

Wow, a kvlt band that I listened to before you did! Heart Of Ages is such a good album, you won't be disappointed.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too