Yo, I'm getting uh, irked, by my first and so far only guitar. I got it very cheap, and it's just not that great; so I figured, what the hell, why not make a new one? I've got an 'in' with a luthier, so I have a resource in that he can do routing, setting up intonation, all that jazz, on the proviso that all the aesthetics are handled by me. No problem, right?

T_____________T

I wanted to go get an Explorer style body, but one that's harder than my current one (it's a Gibson knock off, round edges, want something a little more ESP like.) And it's turned into a nightmare hunt.

It seems NOWHERE on the internet sells blank Explorer bodies. It's all fender strat style stuff. At this point, it honestly seems easier for me to carve up my own block of wood and hope for the best...

Just a shot in the dark here; anyone on this board know where I can pick up a 'hard edged' Explorer body?
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
Warmoth is damned expensive but it's worth it... the wood is good and the pieces are made well. I'd say ash isn't really the most ideal wood for an explorer type tone. For that, go for either mahogany or limba/korina.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.