Hia!

I was just swapping the 9v active circuit battery in my CS Clapton and I very lightly knocked the ground wire, it came off of the tremeolo claw, not trying to shift the blame but it wasn't on very well tbh.

Anywho, my mate has popped round with his soldering iron but he can't seem to get the ground wire to stay on, the solder sticks but the second the wire goes into it it comes off...anyone know why ?

Help please. !?

Try scuffing up the spot on the trem claw that you want to solder to. Either with sandpaper or a screwdriver. The solder will stick to it much better after.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
My ground wire isnt even soldered to the trem claw, is that a bad thing? Should i concider actually soldering that or what? Its pretty much just hanging around back there with the springs..
Yes it should be soldered to have a proper connection.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Your soldering iron may not have enough wattage, and it can't get that one spot hot enough fast enough. Try finding a heavier duty iron. Also take any other metal parts off the claw, if you can. They are allowing the iron's heat to transfer through them.
scuff it like said. heat it in one direct spot like said.

make sure you tin the wire and tin the iron.

add the solder to the heat and wire.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011