Basically, I might be getting some mahogany from my Great-Grandad and I've decided to start making a guitar, so I'll need pretty much everything other than the wood for the body.

What I would prefer:
EMG-81
Fast, comfortable neck
Tune-o-matic bridge
Grover tuners
Hell, if you have a soldering iron you don't use, let me know.

Of course, all of these aren't set in stone, so if you offer something different then I will probably consider it.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I'm got a set of Wilkinson Les Paul humbuckers, they're somewhere inbetween epi les paul stock, and gibson's best.

Let 'em go for 25. They come with 4 pots and an input jack
Hey man, thanks for the offer but I'm really after a much more aggressive high-gain pickup, but thanks anyway.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
depending on how much you wanna pay, i "could" sell you my EMG 81/85 set with 4 pots and jack... (cos i wanna go back to mellow passive).
Well, how much did you buy it for/how much have you used it?
Quote by duncang

at his command
Not used too much, installed professionally...

130 and the whole lot is yours. Thats + shipping (probs a fiver)
Give me a little while to get the cash, (sawn-off shotguns and ski masks ftw) and we have a deal, mon ami.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Got a Gold Gotoh TOM with all the hardware and the tailpiece. It's GOOD quality hardware, but second hand. PM me if interested! I'll give you all the details.
PM'd.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by lefthandman9876
ive got a fantastic strat neck il let you have for not much, rosewood and dead fast and smooth

Awesome, I was thinking of getting a Strat neck. How much do you want, how many frets and any pics?
Quote by duncang

at his command
its 21 fret, one piece maple with rosewood fretboard, really really smooth satin laquer, not all greasy and stickly like a gloss finish, its basicly brand new with pretty much zero fret wear, no major dings/scratches, this is a really seriously good neck, easilly better than anything your going to find on a fender mexico, hell it almost feels as good as my MIA telecaster neck

id get you some pics but im out of battrys, give me a day or two and il get back to you,

il do it for £35 shipped, for an extra fiver il throw in some really nice tuners and string trees

peace
Alright, cool. It's my birthday on Feb 5th so I'll have some money by then.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by lefthandman9876
awsome, il get it cleaned and lemon oiled and il send you some lovely pics of it, you want the tuners and trees too?

Couldn't hurt, for a fiver!
Quote by duncang

at his command
awsome, there really nice actually, i have grovers on some other guitars and if im honest there not really that much better, there nice and smooth and hold there tuning pretty well

il get you some pics and then you PM me when you have the cash
also if your interested i have a box of wonder thats full of bits and odd bobs ive accumulated from guitars over the years, i have;

a full strat bridge assembly, mint

2 full sets of strat pickups, one with black covers, one with no covers that are left handed

a neck mini humbucker

a really nice chunky killswitch, really heavy duty, makes a satisfying click that you know is gonna last for ever

4 les paul custom style black knobs
millions of black and white strat knobs
4 rickenbacker style tv knobs

a strat and a les paul style jack

some strat pots

some old les paul pots (doubt if they work)

a black strat pickguard

and lots of other stuff, thats just what i can find right now haha

oh i also have 5 grovers to fit a strat (one broke) you can buy single ones on ebay for like a few quid

urmm yea shoot if theres anything you want, i can do it for for not much
Thanks, but with any luck I'll be getting a TOM from Pott.

Depending how things go, I'd probably be interested in the killswitch. How much would you want for it?
Quote by duncang

at his command
Alright, great thanks. And yeah, that's everything.

And I'm trying to make an Explorer/Jackson Kelly-style body out of mahogany, and basically just loading it up with everyone's spare bits and pieces and hoping to God that it will work, lol.
Quote by duncang

at his command
oh sweet, yea it will work if you just pay attention to what your doing, the strat neck is standerd 25.5 scale length for reference

the gear building and customising forum is great for help, they will make sure you get a killer guitar as the end product, if your using an EMG then that will make the electronics simple, just make sure you measure up the bridge properly and carefully make the neck pocket and the rest is easy!

good luck with it!

just slip me a pm when you want my gear
Alright, thanks man. And yeah, I've been lurking in the GB&C forum for a while now, soaking up information like a sponge.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Hey man, you sell me those les paul custom knobs? They're the full ones, not the top hat ones right? If you got pics, i got cash =)
Everything looks great man, was it £40 for everything?

Just give me until the 5th or 6th to get the money, and I believe that we are in business.
Quote by duncang

at his command
Alright, that's cool, thanks.

'Spose I better make a PayPal account then!
Quote by duncang

at his command
i have an ibanez ltd edition rg550 rosewood neck with sharktooth inlays

and a set of its stock machineheads