http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SogSeYXPM_U

So do you guys love me?

(also I'll give credit to punknews for finding this)
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
It's from a recent benefit show.

Here's the original story

http://www.punknews.org/article/32056

I think these are Thorns of Life songs.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I most certainly love you Collin <3. Great find.

Unfortunately, my mom insists on walking around the hallways while talking loudly on the phone...

I will definetly listen to this later.
I guess I'm going to be the only person who didn't think that was very good at all.

:/
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by the_astronaut
I guess I'm going to be the only person who didn't think that was very good at all.

It wasn't amazing, but I thought it was good. The lyrics in the first song were simpler than I expected them to be, but not in a bad way. I did see that they are Thorns of Life songs, so I'd imagine that they are better with a full band.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Alright, so I listened to the songs and was actually a bit disappointed. The lyrics to the first song were more surprising then anything, I haven't really heard Blake's lyrics sound like that. The second song was better, but I felt like at the end when he stops the song and starts talking that was kind of ucalled for.

Sorry for the newbie question, but what's Blakes new band called?
Quote by IcePh0enix
Alright, so I listened to the songs and was actually a bit disappointed. The lyrics to the first song were more surprising then anything, I haven't really heard Blake's lyrics sound like that. The second song was better, but I felt like at the end when he stops the song and starts talking that was kind of ucalled for.

Sorry for the newbie question, but what's Blakes new band called?
Well it was a more casual type of show, so the talking didn't really bother me.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Different than i'm used to this first osng is making me laugh, it's interesting to hear a non-moody and depressing BS song.
That was pretty cool.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
There's new Thorns of Life Videos on youtube.

You can't see a lot, but you can hear the songs a lot better; the songs are great.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

...I must say, I'm a bit disappointed. The first song was just...I don't know, it seems like Blake sort of halfway wanted to be like Stephen Lynch or something. I can't imagine people in the crowd laughing to a Jawbreaker or JTB song. The second song was much better though. But I'm still praying every night for a Jawbreaker reunion even though I'm not really religious.
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja
...I must say, I'm a bit disappointed. The first song was just...I don't know, it seems like Blake sort of halfway wanted to be like Stephen Lynch or something. I can't imagine people in the crowd laughing to a Jawbreaker or JTB song. The second song was much better though. But I'm still praying every night for a Jawbreaker reunion even though I'm not really religious.
It sounds better with the full band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtDUn9zox_g
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
It sounds better with the full band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtDUn9zox_g

Wow. Just wow. Amazing! The lyrics are a bit more plain than I'm used to hearing from Blake, but it's a nice change of pace. I really hope they come out with an album soon!!!

The acoustic video won't load though
Wow, I just realized that the chorus guitar to that song totally reminds me of Break-Up song by the Bouncing Soulos O_O

EDIT: different key though.
Quote by Paris_In_Flames
Guys I saw Thorns of Life, and it was so ridiculously disappointing. it was so boring and nothing like Jawbreaker. they played probably 13 songs and not one of them was memorable.
Now I obviously haven't seen them, but all the videos make me want to dance, so I'd imagine they'd be fun live.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by the_astronaut

nah i agree with you ... as usual

i thought it was kinda plain/boring
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
I love acoustic versions of stuff...so I thought that was sweet. Blake is da **** no matter what he does...but maybe i'm just a loyalist.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Now I obviously haven't seen them, but all the videos make me want to dance, so I'd imagine they'd be fun live.

Yeah, their live show definitely looks like a lot of fun. I'll probably go next time they're in Brooklyn.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I hate bump my own thread, but this was posted on punk news and I thought you guys might appreciate it. It's a bootleg of their Gilman show (pretty good quality) and links to three interviews.

http://www.unlikelywords.com/2009/02/12/live-thorns-of-life-music-download/

I don't think this is against any rules, but Rylan, if you have any problems with it I'll delete it, or feel free to do it yourself.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

If you are a fan of music, download the above.

I can't wait for this band to start recording.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Quote by the_astronaut

I agree. I don't see it
I guess I'll have to check out more stuff.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
The bootleg is really cool, I can't wait for a recording of this band.

Hopefully after they release something they'll stop doing the only know by word of mouth thing. I mean I don't want them playing huge venues, but I want to be able to see them.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Bump because this is the best song ever.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano