if anybody could help, i have been trying to get pinch harmonics on two strings at the sametime but everytime it just seems to get one of the pinchs and i guess cancels the other out. any help would be great thanks.
Holy crap you can do that? *starts practicing*
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Since you need to touch the string with both the pick and your thumb I think is not possible to do it on 2 strings at the same time, or at least it's VERY hard. Good luck.
Seriously, is that humanly possible? Are you referring to natural harmonics?
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
I suggest a pinched harmonic on one string, followed through normally to the higher string, on which you have a natural harmonic fretted.
To do it properly, you need to be quick with your picking hand... you can do it on chords too, 5 or 6 string.

On to the technique. Find the first pinch u need, then go slightly to the right on the next string if its a power chord... or slightly to the left if its a third or some kind of interval. If u are playing the power chord with an added octave you just continue down like the previous string. If it is an add9 power chord you move slightly to the right again on said string. Its a relatively easy technique but slightly difficult to grasp in the beginning.

I hope this helps
Yes it can be done. I can do it, but it sounds like a demon being raped in the a$$.

Here's a recording of me doing it;

http://www.box.net/shared/1jxvm13cqp

first 4 harmonics are separate to hear which I play, then you hear the "Rape" of 2 harmonics with vibrato/bending at the same time.

Enjoy

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Yes it can be done. I can do it, but it sounds like a demon being raped in the a$$.

Here's a recording of me doing it;

http://www.box.net/shared/1jxvm13cqp

first 4 harmonics are separate to hear which I play, then you hear the "Rape" of 2 harmonics with vibrato/bending at the same time.

Enjoy

that was so cool.
Quote by xxdarrenxx

Now that's a reason to learn to do something if ever I heard one...

*runs to the woodshed*
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Like in chord form?

Simple, just kind of keep your hand in the same position from the first, and just let it slide onto the second...not that hard.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I do my artificial harmonics with my pinkie slightly touching the picked string...I just find that easier than using my thumb, especially when switching from normal picking to harmonics..
Quote by slashrhoads
if anybody could help, i have been trying to get pinch harmonics on two strings at the sametime but everytime it just seems to get one of the pinchs and i guess cancels the other out. any help would be great thanks.

dang dude
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
Quote by Philly080
I do my artificial harmonics with my pinkie slightly touching the picked string...I just find that easier than using my thumb, especially when switching from normal picking to harmonics..

I tried that for a while before I could get the thumb techique down but once I practiced the thumb technique more I found that it's much easier to use and also considerably easier to hit the right nodes you want.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah it's possible, but are you talking about it with like, more of a rough sound than an actual pinch harmonic sound?
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
John Petrucci talks about something like this...somewhere.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
uh idk, the thing i'm goin from is like what zakk does in some ozzy songs like miracle man and devils daughter where he gets like two pinchs from two strings, say he was fretting the 4th fret d and g strings
Really? Huh, I thought those were easy as hell...
But pick and brush your thumb against both the strings in a single downstroke. I dont really know how to explain it actually, lol. Sorry.

Edit: Wait, do you mean on strings that aren't right next to eachother, like a string skip pinch? If so, I cant help you.
Last edited by Life Is Brutal at Jan 24, 2009,
You can do whole chords with this. The trick is to not mute the first string when you go to the second, that's all there is to it. If you're doing pinches carefully it's possible.