If one were miked up, could an AC15 be able to get over drums in a room the size of a highschool gym and still have a clean tone? Or would it take an AC30 to do that?
yes to the 15 could probablly do it without the mic. But really wether its heard over the drums or not is not affected by the size of the room. But to really blast the folks in the back micing the entire band is a good idea, though in the gyms ive played sound is projected extremelly "well" (not tonewise but volumewise) . The ac15 gets over drums with 100% cleans easilly
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
There are two ways to play in a Gymnasium:

1) Play slightly softer than usual and just let the sound float around, using the natural reverb to spread your sound.
2) Play so loudly that you punch through the reverb.

If you do the first, you'll be fine. If you're trying to kill the room and beat the verbiness, you might not.
yup, natural verb can be a bugger in gyms
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
I mean just generally large rooms like gymnasiums and sanctuaries that hold numbers in the high hundreds to a bit over a thousand. I don't play in rooms larger than a thousand, but it would be nice to have the lower watts for small stuff. I'm always miked up anyway. All people I work with love me to mike up. At church, my music minister has us put our amps in isolation cabs and use in-ear monitors to hear ourselves.
An AC15 could handle big gigs as long as it's miked up.

Unmiked, it's pretty loud clean, but not enough to project on really large gigs.