So about a week or so ago I applied online to Guitar Center just for the hell of it. well yesterday they called me and wanted to set up an interview. Now I've only been playing guitar for a couple of years now and have some gear knowledge but not nearly enough to actually pass the test they give you such as looking at a guitar and telling what kind of wood it is, what year it was made, and even where it was made.

So now i come to you asking for your advice so i can actually get this job. Don't worry I wont become one of those assholes who work there that everyone hates. I want to be the one there that people come back to looking for a good product. thanks
Just make it look like you know what you're talking about, they don't know about guitars either.

"Well, this looks like a good solid teak strat with balsa siding and homogeneous pickups."

"It sure is! Welcome aboard!"
go to guitar centers website and read a crap load of details about the guitars/amps and read some reviews
Quote by Trefellin
Just make it look like you know what you're talking about, they don't know about guitars either.

"Well, this looks like a good solid teak strat with balsa siding and homogeneous pickups."

hahahaa but you forgot to say where 'twas made
Quote by Trefellin

they have teak strats

i thought there were only alder, northern ash, and swamp ash

and homogeneous is a process they use to pasturize milk
As far as the type of wood. Just do a simple wood knock test (mainly for show). It makes you look like you simi know what you are doing. Just remember the deeper the sound the harder the wood. so just brush up on some wood density. And what the main woods used for production of guitars. (Im a cabinet maker so I know a bit about wood and thats how i got my job. yes they asked me to identify wood. kinda f**ked up if you ask me)
Clean yourself up and dress nicely for the interview as well, it will go a long way.

Talk about how important customer service is.

Show you can deal with the public.

Be calm.

Those are things I look for in an applicant. Unless you have large breasts, in which case you already have the job locked up.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
Quote by srvkicks@$$
they have teak strats

i thought there were only alder, northern ash, and swamp ash

and homogeneous is a process they use to pasturize milk

Yeah, but the guys who will be interviewing you don't know that.

Quote by Equivalence
hahahaa but you forgot to say where 'twas made

'Twas made in Detroit.
Last edited by Trefellin at Jan 23, 2009,
Quote by slayaplaya
practice... study...

prepare yourself...

for the FUTURE!

basicly... Prepare yourself...

practice, study, prepare yourself

are you talking about a job interview or that he should be prepared before sex
Quote by shadowfoxomega
As far as the type of wood. Just do a simple wood knock test (mainly for show). It makes you look like you simi know what you are doing. Just remember the deeper the sound the harder the wood. so just brush up on some wood density. And what the main woods used for production of guitars. (Im a cabinet maker so I know a bit about wood and thats how i got my job. yes they asked me to identify wood. kinda f**ked up if you ask me)

Sorry.. I am immature.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
just say that your dad owns the property that the store is on and that if he doesnt give the job to you that guitar center's lease will expire and that they will need to find a new piece of dirt to put their crap on
this might help...

“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by Jericho114

Sorry.. I am immature.

LMAO! I knew I was gonna get burnt over that but oh well. Nicely done picking that up Jericho114.