Ive been looking around for a Epiphone G400 but i cant figure out why a G400 Vintage and G400 Faded cost so much less than a G400? Can someone explain this? Also, whats the difference between a G400 Vintage and G400 Faded? Thanks
i dont know specifically, but I would guess the pickups are one reason for difference? I know Epiphone comes out with a lot of custom and variations of the G-400 that really the only differences are either colors or pickups. Mine is custom alpine white with EMG's. I really wanted the color more than EMG's, but I love it!
It's the finish... much less labor intensive.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If the cheaper ones have the same pickups go with them, and dont forget, you can always upgrade the pups
The only difference as far as i have been able to tell is the finish. The satin finish i guess costs less to put on than the glossy finish.
I found that the faded finish is more comfortable to hold than the glossy finish.