Me and my friend (Our band soo far) are doing for our Variety (no talent) Show. We are covering Social Distortion's "Ring of Fire" My problem is, i don't have a very deep voice. Should i do a harmony higher than it tat'll have the same notes only igher? Thanks!
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
just have the guitar and /or bass played higher up the neck with a capo and it dont matter how deep or how high your voice is and if the people dont like it just tell em to eff off and keep playin and if they start throw in **** at you either go iggy or throw it back and hit the biggest dude you see gl
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I would say it doesn't matter how you do it so long as the melody's there. It's your cover after all.
D:
Signature.
play it in a higher key that suits your voice.

And Ring of Fire is Johnny Cash - actually written by his wife June Carter I think.

Social Distortion did a cover but it's still a Johnny Cash song not a Social Distortion song.
Si
Just sing an octave above. As long as it's in the same key, it doesn't matter.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
yeh man, mess with it.
In my opinions, unless its for a talent show or you're a tribute band. Covers should be as different as an apple and an orange. They're both round and fruity, but the flavour is completely different.

Change the key, change the tempo!
Quote by mdwallin
They're both round and fruity, but the flavour is completely different.

It might just be the tiredness, but that was really goddamn funny.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.