Hey everyone my little cousin wants to learn and buy an acoustic guitar, her dad is only gonna spend less than $150NZ =70-80US$

Should she get a full size acoustic or smaller?

Also, any guitar recommendations?
i think that a small one would do for a few years 'till he grows.

but if he gets a full size and in the long run he doesn't like to play guitar i guess you can have it.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
If you get her a full size that will immediately make everything much harder, and no doubt lose her interest. If you buy her a smaller one either 1/2 or 3/4 size it will give her a better idea of wether she's serious about playing guitar or not.

I also know some girls who still play 3/4 in their early 20's, and women generally have smaller hands anyway.
You actually might want to even consider a smaller sized nylon string guitar instead. The pain of callous development might throw her off from wanting to play.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I'd probably go with a 3/4 size or parlor guitar for an 8 year old girl... but only if the child's parent(s) would be willing to purchase her a new guitar in a couple years if she sticks with it.
Quote by captivate
You actually might want to even consider a smaller sized nylon string guitar instead. The pain of callous development might throw her off from wanting to play.

I agree with this advice. Classical guitars tend to have smaller bodies and nylon strings are definitely more comfortable to start out on.
Like everyone said you should get her a smaller one
Im not sure if its any good but they sell a hannah montana one at toyrus thats for ages 8 and up and i doubt it cost to much also its hannah so if shes into her she may want to play more? Im not sure but thats how the kids i know r they like something better just cuz it hasca charter they like on it
Its also a cutr girly guitar so im shur she would like it