I'm a big Hendrix fan (check my sig), and I recently stumbled across the "VooDoo" Stratocaster.

I am not thinking of buying it, since I really don't have the disposable income for it.

The VooDoo Strat is made so right-handed players can play like Hendrix, since all left-handed players would have to do would be to buy a right-handed strat and re-string it.

So I was thinking, why not just buy a lefty neck for your right-handed strat? All it would require (aside from the initial switch) is that it be re-strung.

I dunno, it sure beats the price tag on real VooDoo strats, and it is about the same price as DigiTech's "Jimi Hendrix Experience" pedal.

Just thinking...

EDIT: Since posting this, I've learned the difference between the the standard and VooDoo Strats (aside from the headstock) is the bridge pickup. Check out the pictures below.

Regarding the pics, why are the pickups different? Hendrix played a right-handed Strat right?
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by yellowsnow4free at Jan 23, 2009,
Is that the strat with the reverse headstock?

if so...you are right man, you are right. Although maybe the poles are reverses so you get a different pickup sound which hendrix would have got??? maybe
Because the real advantage of Henrix's upside-down strat was the bridge pickup angle (reversed, so the bass end is closer to the bridge, resulting in a brighter lower string sound). That's harder to replicate on a regular Strat.

And, not everybody wants to take their guitar apart; beyond the internet, it's considered pretty stupid by most (admittedly ignorant) people to take something apart, whether you know what you're doing or not.
It has nothing to do with the neck. Its all about the pickups and pole formations. The way Jimi played it, he got a trebly sound out of bass, and a bassy sound out of the treble range.
superman is killing himself tonight
Standard Stratocaster:

VooDoo Stratocaster:

Look at the bridge pickup.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
I love the reverse headstock.
Though all I'd do is buy a lefty and restring it, which I'm considering doing. Plus it looks epic playing a guitar the wrong side, with the control knobs on the other side and whatnot.
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by Baby Joel
I love the reverse headstock.
Though all I'd do is buy a lefty and restring it, which I'm considering doing. Plus it looks epic playing a guitar the wrong side, with the control knobs on the other side and whatnot.

So, I assume you play right-handed?
Let us at UG know how that works out...
Last edited by yellowsnow4free at Jan 23, 2009,