i got an E-mail from a site called "the perfect guitar" and it said that prices on fenders are going to increase february first. an american deluxe is going to go up to $1,600. thoughts?
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Doesn't make a difference to me, I hate Fenders.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by guitarmaniac88
Doesn't make a difference to me, I hate Fenders.

Ah pointless brandhate, the stuff that fuck's up most advice given around here.

Anyway, I think it's utter BS, but every brand is doing it, so damn. All because of the economy it seems. Screw you economy. And you George Bush for causing it if I'm right.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
The economy ****ing sucks, that's why they're going up.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
almost all of the companies are going up in price
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Quote by necrosis1193
Ah pointless brandhate, the stuff that fuck's up most advice given around here.

Anyway, I think it's utter BS, but every brand is doing it, so damn. All because of the economy it seems. Screw you economy. And you George Bush for causing it if I'm right.
The irony...

It wasn't Bush. I mean he messed up a lot of things which certainly didn't help the situation, but the main economic problems that are currently effecting every country in the western world come from - in very simple terms - dip**** bankers who were spending more money than they actually had. Giving out loans to people who had no way of paying them back, basically acting as if they had a bottomless pit of money. The Icelandic banks collapsed under this and now everyone's realised "hey ****, we don't actually have as much money as we thought we did".

Technically speaking it's not that the economy is particularly bad now, it's just that we've been used to it being better than it should have ever been.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Ah. So how long until we return to bartering?

Always barter. Always, and I mean always.

If Fender or any other comapany are putting prices up by 10% or whatever, you can guarantee that the retailer will do exactly the same.
Quote by MrFlibble
The irony...

It wasn't Bush. I mean he messed up a lot of things which certainly didn't help the situation, but the main economic problems that are currently effecting every country in the western world come from - in very simple terms - dip**** bankers who were spending more money than they actually had. Giving out loans to people who had no way of paying them back, basically acting as if they had a bottomless pit of money. The Icelandic banks collapsed under this and now everyone's realised "hey ****, we don't actually have as much money as we thought we did".

Technically speaking it's not that the economy is particularly bad now, it's just that we've been used to it being better than it should have ever been.

If you want to be technical, it was President Clinton and the 1998 democratic congress that required bankers to extend loans to poor people that other wise did not qualify for the loans under the guise that homeownership should be extended to a wider array of the working class. In an effort not to get under the Feds, banks began to extend loans through a variety of stupid mortgage products to people, many illegal aliens, that could not afford these homes, thereby driving up the cost of all these homes.

Now we have a huge F&*$ing mess, thanks to that a$$hole Bill Clinton. Bush had nothing to so with it. . . the time bomb was put in place in 1998.
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
At least Clinton didn't put the country itself in a billion-dollar deficit. But let's stay on topic, shall we?

Quote by necrosis1193
At least Clinton didn't put the country itself in a billion-dollar deficit. But let's stay on topic, shall we?

Are you f&*Ken kidding me. . .do you know anything about economics???

Clinton rode the biggest bubble since the tulips in Holland in the 1600's. The only reason the budget deficits dropped under Clinton is that cap gain taxes received by the federal Government on the back of the internet bubble.

Now what do we have to show from that. . . um, let me tell you. . . nothing but air!

Clinton will go down as the second worst president in the later half of the 20th century (behind Carter whom was a complete disgrace.)
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Quote by jcoley2
If you want to be technical, it was President Clinton and the 1998 democratic congress that required bankers to extend loans to poor people that other wise did not qualify for the loans under the guise that homeownership should be extended to a wider array of the working class. In an effort not to get under the Feds, banks began to extend loans through a variety of stupid mortgage products to people, many illegal aliens, that could not afford these homes, thereby driving up the cost of all these homes.

Now we have a huge F&*$ing mess, thanks to that a$$hole Bill Clinton. Bush had nothing to so with it. . . the time bomb was put in place in 1998.
Which is all very nice to explain America's situation, but it does go deeper than that. After all, it's not like America is the only one effected by this - in fact America has gotten off lightly compared to many countries.

Certainly it was you lot that started buggering about first but it's not down to just one American administration dicking about. Basically everyone in every country screwed up in much the same way.

Team effort guys!
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Also, as long as we're on a Clinton hate-wagon, don't forget about NAFTA.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by jcoley2
Are you f&*Ken kidding me. . .do you know anything about economics???

Clinton rode the biggest bubble since the tulips in Holland in the 1600's. The only reason the budget deficits dropped under Clinton is that cap gain taxes received by the federal Government on the back of the internet bubble.

Now what do we have to show from that. . . um, let me tell you. . . nothing but air!

Clinton will go down as the second worst president in the later half of the 20th century (behind Carter whom was a complete disgrace.)

I said to let it go. Clearly your unable to refrain from arguing against a man who's term ended nine years ago though.

Your right, it definitely wasn't the near decade-long war that caused that deficit. You know, a decade-long occupation-by-force in the middle-east is what basically bankrupted the Soviet Union, caused them to break up and now has Russia as a poor state. That and building a bunch of nukes. Sounds familiar, don't it? ;P

And he'll definitely go down as worse than Nixon, someone who quit so he wouldn't be impeached for illegal activity.[/sarcasm]

Quote by MrFlibble
Which is all very nice to explain America's situation, but it does go deeper than that. After all, it's not like America is the only one effected by this - in fact America has gotten off lightly compared to many countries.

Certainly it was you lot that started buggering about first but it's not down to just one American administration dicking about. Basically everyone in every country screwed up in much the same way.

Team effort guys!

I'd just like to apologize for our asinine economy killing England's. We're working on fixing that, and hopefully just like our crash crashed yours, our rebuilding will rebuild yours.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 23, 2009,
They sent you an email hoping you would go ahead and buy this guitar before the "price goes up". They are just trying to BS you so you will feel the urgent need to buy this guitar now not later. They need to boost sales. Its doubtful fender is going to add almost 400 dollars to the price. All the prices are going up but not that much at once.
^this man is right. No way is a thousand dollar guitar going to increase in price by half.
I'm so glad I got my second guitar before all this crap (though it was a close call, and the pound slipping lost me a bit of cash).

They're going up because people aren't likely to rush out en masse and buy guitars, sustainably, if the price goes down. Everyday items are falling in price, whereas luxuries which are bought less are going up to keep balance sheets happy.

Totally ruined my GAS for affording a new Ibanez though. :/
An American deluxe in Australia is $3000
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.