Page 1 of 3
Don't know if this is specifically my local Guitar Center or not, but in the accessories section, they have a big pillar about 6 feet tall That is covered on one side by all of the pedals that BOSS offers. Each of them is linked and goes into a speaker at the bottom., where there is also an input jack and several guitars and basses nearby on stands [this is where I found the Samick CD3 I've been obsessing over] But yeah, it's pretty cool. Is this something that each GC has or is it specific to this one in particular. Just curious, btw.
A few where im at have it... Its actually pretty retarded because I can only imagine the tone suckage that thing is causing lol. But of coarse it doesnt help they have it going into a cube or something
My local music store has one of those. When I first saw it I had only been playing for a few weeks. It scared the crap out of me.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
A few where im at have it... Its actually pretty retarded because I can only imagine the tone suckage that thing is causing lol. But of coarse it doesnt help they have it going into a cube or something

I talked to the guy there, he says it's basically just a speaker with a volume knob on it. You're expected to use the BOSS EQ to get a good sound, then do the effects and all that bollocks. It does suck, pretty much, but it's nice they have them all there to at least be sampled.

Quote by jam979
My local music store has one of those. When I first saw it I had only been playing for a few weeks. It scared the crap out of me.

n00b guitarist walks in, sees the "Wall-O-BOSS."
Wall utters, "I will eat your soul, bitch! GRRRRRRRR!!!"
It's kind of cool
especsially when you start doing crazt ****
octavers, auto wahs, phase shifters, flangers
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Some new kid turned on the BLues Driver, Metal Zone, DS-1, Mega distortion AND the OD-1 all at the same time once. I about killed the kid, but the guy working the desk held me back before I could go off on him.
I hate when I forget to make sure everything is off and some Idiot had the Metal Zones level and gain dimed... Scares the sh!t out of me and I get looked at like im the Idiot..
Quote by eyebanez333
I think all GCs have these. It would be nice if they had other pedals besides Boss.

You shouldn't be complaining, all my local music store has is a Shoe-Rack of Digitech.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I hate when I forget to make sure everything is off and some Idiot had the Metal Zones level and gain dimed... Scares the sh!t out of me and I get looked at like im the Idiot..

That'll make me homicidal. But usually that's why I check before I start playing.

Quote by xwearesinking
You shouldn't be complaining, all my local music store has is a Shoe-Rack of Digitech.

You have my condolences.
Yeah, I think all GC's have it cause both of the local ones I know of have them... But I wish they would have a rack like that of EHX pedals or something... That would be pretty cool...
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']That'll make me homicidal. But usually that's why I check before I start playing.

Easier said then done when your trying test something out really quick and get back to the amp before someone else jumps on it. Having to make sure 50 pedals are turned off is a pain lol
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Easier said then done when your trying test something out really quick and get back to the amp before someone else jumps on it. Having to make sure 50 pedals are turned off is a pain lol

That's why they have the conveniently-located little red lights at the top of the pedals
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']That's why they have the conveniently-located little red lights at the top of the pedals

Yup and thats another reason I hate Boss... Trying to quickly glance over 3mm leds in a super well lit room is retarded... Give me a 5mm super bright anyday...
Quote by music_mike
Yeah, I think all GC's have it cause both of the local ones I know of have them... But I wish they would have a rack like that of EHX pedals or something... That would be pretty cool...

Pasadena does . i built it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yup and thats another reason I hate Boss... Trying to quickly glance over 3mm leds in a super well lit room is retarded... Give me a 5mm super bright anyday...

What a waste of electricity. Might I make a suggestion...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JLDANY/ref=asc_df_B000JLDANY693520?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=dealt5602-20&linkCode=asn
Please don't assume I care enough about your guitar rig, your general thoughts on life, the funny things people have said about you, or anything else not related to the topic at hand to have the view signatures option turned on. I don't.
The GC where I lived seemed to have EHX pedals setup on a small stand. They were hooked up to the Roland Microcube/street but still.

Ive yet to touch the large wall of pedals
It's almost a religious experience >.>

Nah, it's good though, cause a lot of the chicks just hang out in the accessories area so yeah
The guitar shops where I hang out are all local, so no walls or racks. But they make up for it with their selection. As well and Boss and Digitech, they got EHX, Ibanez, even the odd Fulltone.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by IbanezPsycho

lol
That happens to me sometimes butI do that to people there. I'm also the guy that turns up the Spiders and MGs all the way up to scare noobs, it usually makes my day seeing some emo kid about to play Chiodos or some BS like that get scared and put the guitar up and leave the store.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I once turned an ENGL Powerball up to 10 (everything) and played Smoke On The Water just to piss off the girl working the counter. She was my mate anyway so it was OK, but still it was lulz.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
I once turned an ENGL Powerball up to 10 (everything) and played Smoke On The Water just to piss off the girl working the counter. She was my mate anyway so it was OK, but still it was lulz.

lol
One of the guys working there turned up the JCM800 reissue I was playing about a year or two back and it scared the **** out of me. I fell to the floor and everyone in the store covered up their ears. He wasn't working there anymore when I went back two weeks later.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
lol
That happens to me sometimes butI do that to people there. I'm also the guy that turns up the Spiders and MGs all the way up to scare noobs, it usually makes my day seeing some emo kid about to play Chiodos or some BS like that get scared and put the guitar up and leave the store.

You know what's really fun? Watching a kid strum out Smoke on Water on a $4000 Gibson Custom Shop Black Beauty [ ]. Once he's commenced in committing this horrible treachery, grab the crappiest, most beat up guitar in the whole joint, sit down next to him, and start shredding the solo to the Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle by Metalocalypse. True story, some kid put his guitar down, started crying, and left. It's a good way to clear out all the n00b assholes hogging the good guitars and amps while still playing ****

Quote by shadow__666

You should've tried a Marshall with knobs that all go to eleven. When you have everything at 10, where do you go from there? No where
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Jan 24, 2009,
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You know what's really fun? Watching a kid strum out Smoke on Water on a $4000 Gibson Custom Shop Black Beauty [ ]. Once he's commenced in committing this horrible treachery, grab the crappiest, most beat up guitar in the whole joint, sit down next to him, and start shredding the solo to the Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle by Metalocalypse. True story, some kid put his guitar down, started crying, and left. It's a good way to clear out all the n00b assholes hogging the good guitars and amps while still playing ****

lol
I've done this but played some Paul Gilbert on a Squier and he put the SG up and went to the back of the store to play a Daisy Rock through the Spider 30 watt that I had cranked all the knobs up on. Thinking about it, Guitar Center is probably the funnest place to go when you're bored and feel like making kids feel bad about themselves, it's just too easy.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
lol
I've done this but played some Paul Gilbert on a Squier and he put the SG up and went to the back of the store to play a Daisy Rock through the Spider 30 watt that I had cranked all the knobs up on. Thinking about it, Guitar Center is probably the funnest place to go when you're bored and feel like making kids feel bad about themselves, it's just too easy.

Yeah. I like messing with one of the floor salesmen in there. He's like forty-five years old, almost always bumbling around drunk, so we'll mess with him by switching the Amp heads to run into each other's cabs. We have a MArshall 2266 running into a Peavey cab and a 6505 running into a Marshall 425A with all the knobs turned to 10
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Yeah. I like messing with one of the floor salesmen in there. He's like forty-five years old, almost always bumbling around drunk, so we'll mess with him by switching the Amp heads to run into each other's cabs. We have a MArshall 2266 running into a Peavey cab and a 6505 running into a Marshall 425A with all the knobs turned to 10

Haha, they got rid of all the drunk guys at our GC. I miss them, they were friendly and let me play whatever I wanted unlike the new d bags who won't let me play anything until I can prove myself.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Yeah...I'm pretty shure the Wall-O-Boss is a GC thing. In fact, I remember it being featured on a GC mail order catalog one time.

Yep. October 2008 guitar catalog.

EDIT: Yeah, I really don't like GC. No one in there, except for the guy that usually works the acoustic room, really knows what they're talking about.

Want a story? Let me know. I'll tell it.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Jan 24, 2009,
Both GC's in the Atlanta area have those too.
My local guitar shop (Ballew's music) has their own boss rack built, not the tower like at GC but a wider/shorter station with a fender amp sitting under it, don't remember what amp it is but i do remember it was a 2x10 or 2x12 combo. Sounds TONS better through that amp, and made me fall in love with the MD-2 (not that I don't love my peavey classic 30's overdrive with and without my OD pedal).
Quote by Natrone
Yeah...I'm pretty shure the Wall-O-Boss is a GC thing. In fact, I remember it being featured on a GC mail order catalog one time.

Yep. October 2008 guitar catalog.

EDIT: Yeah, I really don't like GC. No one in there, except for the guy that usually works the acoustic room, really knows what they're talking about.

Want a story? Let me know. I'll tell it.

Let's totally swap stories. I got some good ones ^.^
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Let's totally swap stories. I got some good ones ^.^
Sure! You first? I've only got, like, one really good one about the incompetence of GC employees in my area. And a couple about customers that I saw when I spent about 3 hours there one day.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I had one that told a little kid looking at acoustic guitars that the one he was looking at was made of basswood so it would be overwhelmingly bassy and then recommended him a $2500 Taylor. The kid had obviously never played guitar in his life.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Yeah, I'll take the hit first

About two years ago, this kid was trying out a strap he wanted to buy on an Epiphone Korina Explorer. It was the airplane seatbelt one that detaches into two pieces [see where this is going?] Anyway, he has this thing plugged into a Mesa Triple Rec full stack and is just wailing on this guitar [he wasn't half-bad]. Of course, he did the putz move. He saw the little square button and was compelled to push itthe strap came loose into two pieces and that guitar went straight to the floor and crashed into the cab. The cab was on, btw, pretty loud too, so all throughout the magical kingdom, a screeching sound was heard for about ten seconds before the kid had the common sense to pick up the damn guitar and turn the volume down.
Quote by mmolteratx
I had one that told a little kid looking at acoustic guitars that the one he was looking at was made of basswood so it would be overwhelmingly bassy and then recommended him a $2500 Taylor. The kid had obviously never played guitar in his life.

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Yeah, I'll take the hit first

About two years ago, this kid was trying out a strap he wanted to buy on an Epiphone Korina Explorer. It was the airplane seatbelt one that detaches into two pieces [see where this is going?] Anyway, he has this thing plugged into a Mesa Triple Rec full stack and is just wailing on this guitar [he wasn't half-bad]. Of course, he did the putz move. He saw the little square button and was compelled to push itthe strap came loose into two pieces and that guitar went straight to the floor and crashed into the cab. The cab was on, btw, pretty loud too, so all throughout the magical kingdom, a screeching sound was heard for about ten seconds before the kid had the common sense to pick up the damn guitar and turn the volume down.

Ok, time for my first one. I'll build up to the best one.

I was sitting in the acoustic room, just playing around with a used Seagull S6 (which, by the way, I loved heartily). You know, easy stuff like Jack Johnson, some open chords, just relaxing. These two scene girls walk in. You know the type. Skinny jeans, lots of neon colors, and bleached blonde hair over black hair? Well, the look at the first set of guitars on the wall, the Takamines, and see a black acoustic. One proceeds to go "Hey look! A Taylor Swift guitar!" She grabs it off the wall, bangs it on the humidifier it was hanging behind, and sits down with it. I'm thinking "WARNING! WARNING! EPIC FAILURE ALERT!" And......I was right. She just strums the strings open for a while, long enough to make me want to slap her and yell NO! BAD!

And then, as if things couldn't get worse, when she goes to hang it back up, she bangs it on the humidifier AGAIN!

Out of pity I played something halfway respectable on the poor thing.

Want moar?
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone

Ok, time for my first one. I'll build up to the best one.

I was sitting in the acoustic room, just playing around with a used Seagull S6 (which, by the way, I loved heartily). You know, easy stuff like Jack Johnson, some open chords, just relaxing. These two scene girls walk in. You know the type. Skinny jeans, lots of neon colors, and bleached blonde hair over black hair? Well, the look at the first set of guitars on the wall, the Takamines, and see a black acoustic. One proceeds to go "Hey look! A Taylor Swift guitar!" She grabs it off the wall, bangs it on the humidifier it was hanging behind, and sits down with it. I'm thinking "WARNING! WARNING! EPIC FAILURE ALERT!" And......I was right. She just strums the strings open for a while, long enough to make me want to slap her and yell NO! BAD!

And then, as if things couldn't get worse, when she goes to hang it back up, she bangs it on the humidifier AGAIN!

Out of pity I played something halfway respectable on the poor thing.

Want moar?

They get better?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']They get better?
I was thinking the same thing.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Page 1 of 3