I consider myself a blues player, I improvise more than I actually practice, and I use hammer-ons and pull-offs more than I actually pick any note.

I already learned all the major scales in every position, but I have a lot of trouble with picking sixteenth notes and sextuplets going up and down scales. However, I can fly up and down scales using nothing but h/o's and p/o's.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?
stuff:
guitar.
amp.
acoustic.
First off this is an advanced technique, but more so an advanced 'speed' technique.

I was having a problem with 16th's too, I legato a lot just like you so essentially we crippled our right hand into laziness.

I know you don't want to to hear this, but I busted out the 'nome and set it to 136... after MANY hours of this I finally got it down. It makes all the difference in the world bro, especially since playing slower put my accuracy throught the roof.

Happy grinding
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Basic techniques. Is that a thread? I'm not sure. I have the same sort of problem, but only when I try to go extra fast or something in a song like say the intro of Technical Difficulties, by Racer X. I can't play the two notes on the A string worth a crap, and a lot of times if I don't slow down, I just start playing a longer single note, but am working on it. All I can really say is to try it slowly and work your way up, it may take minutes, it may take days, it just depends on how good of a learner you are.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by guitarmaniac88
Basic techniques. Is that a thread? I'm not sure. I have the same sort of problem, but only when I try to go extra fast or something in a song like say the intro of Technical Difficulties, by Racer X. I can't play the two notes on the A string worth a crap, and a lot of times if I don't slow down, I just start playing a longer single note, but am working on it. All I can really say is to try it slowly and work your way up, it may take minutes, it may take days, it just depends on how good of a learner you are.

...and I thought I was the only one left who listened to Racer X lol good times...
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Quote by the_axis
I consider myself a blues player, I improvise more than I actually practice, and I use hammer-ons and pull-offs more than I actually pick any note.

I already learned all the major scales in every position, but I have a lot of trouble with picking sixteenth notes and sextuplets going up and down scales. However, I can fly up and down scales using nothing but h/o's and p/o's.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

I'm pretty much the same way though I do pick a lot. I don't consider it a problem unless I'm trying to play something that requires lots of fast alternate picking. I really don't care for guitar playing with a lot of alternate picking anyway. It sounds boring to me.

But anyway, if you view it as a problem, start practicing more and noodling less.
i always knew my lack of an attention span and hard work would be my downfall...

thanks
stuff:
guitar.
amp.
acoustic.
Quote by guitarmaniac88
Basic techniques. Is that a thread?

There's the guitar & bass basics forum, that's pretty much the place.

Quote by gizmodious
...and I thought I was the only one left who listened to Racer X lol good times...

You're in entirely the wrong place for that kind of thing; I think just about all the regulars in here listen to Racer X an awful lot

TS: As ever the problem is coordination and the answer comes back the same:

Slow down, practice well, don't speed up at all until you can do it perfectly.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by guitarmaniac88
I have the same sort of problem, but only when I try to go extra fast or something in a song like say the intro of Technical Difficulties, by Racer X. I can't play the two notes on the A string worth a crap

It's actually really easy. Just alternate pick them... the first down and then the second up and just move it onto the next and then repeat.

To the OP: Just practice, practice, practice. Start it slow at a speed you're comfortable playing at and accurately. Play that for a little bit, and speed it up :] It'll take time, but you can get it! ^^