Just wanted to mention that Itunes has made most music DRM free. Just downloaded some items last week and now they show DRM free. They do however charge 30 cents a song to upgrade. Find a song you already purchased, click buy and it will offer to upgrade your entire library of purchases. To do the upgrade you have to download the latest version of Itunes 8.0.
it's a protection on it
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
DRM is digital rights management. It used to be if you downloaded itunes music you could only play it on an apple player. Apple has removed that restriction. You can download the music file and save it to various formats including MP3 which can be played on windows devices.
Thanks for the heads-up, I guess?

I 'acquire' all my music in 350kbps MP3 anyway, which trumps iTunes' format.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-

I think you mean 320, pretty sure that's the highest mp3 can go.

Anyhoo all paid for downloads should be DRM free, it shouldn't cost extra, it should just be.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I think you mean 320, pretty sure that's the highest mp3 can go.

By Jove, you're right.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-

You might dl it at 320, but the actual quality won't be any better. CDs are at 128kb and ripping it at 320kb is just wasting space with absolutely no difference in sound quality. Music is very rarely released at 320kb, 256kb is more common now, what with iTunes though
Quote by uk.mace
You might dl it at 320, but the actual quality won't be any better. CDs are at 128kb and ripping it at 320kb is just wasting space with absolutely no difference in sound quality. Music is very rarely released at 320kb, 256kb is more common now, what with iTunes though

Cds generally have way better quality than mp3. I mean just burn a cd. play it in a stereo. then take the original and play it in it. BIG difference.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by uk.mace
Er, no.

Mp3 is a compressed format, tracks on a CD are uncompressed, track size is typically around 50MB on a CD, compare that with your 3-5MB mp3.

The reason a 320kb/s mp3 is a waste is because it's a lossy format and you're losing audio fidelity when you could use a lossless codec like FLAC which is truer CD quality and close to your lossy 320kb/s mp3.

I find 192kb/s to be adequate quality vs size personally, and the difference is often very noticable.