Hey everyone- I hope this is the right forum category...
Does anyone know the answer to this question: Is the intro to the song FCP remix by fall of troy played with strict downpicking or is it played with a sweeping pick hand? It sounds downpicked but that isn't exactly an easy way. Sweeping would be the most efficient way but it doesn't sound right at all....
Any help would be amazing!
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Founder of the Soundgarden Fan Club (Louder Than F*ck!). PM me to join.
I don't downpick it.

Sounds fine.
Provided you use delay, its not going to sound much different either way, as it gets buried under repeats.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I've always used hybrid picking (using my middle and ring fingers) for it, and it sounds fine. Play it however's comfortable for you. The main thing is you hit the right notes, 9 times out of 10 it doesn't matter how you hit them. Think in terms of notes, not techniques.
Quote by bananaboy
I've always used hybrid picking (using my middle and ring fingers) for it, and it sounds fine. Play it however's comfortable for you. The main thing is you hit the right notes, 9 times out of 10 it doesn't matter how you hit them. Think in terms of notes, not techniques.
Yeah, I think hybrid picking sounds better than both downpicking and alt picking for that passage...you can really control the snap.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed