ok so this isn't strictly a guitar/bass accessory, but i didn't know where else to post.
I play the drums in a band at school. after the practice session, i find my ears to be ringing slightly and sounds to be ever so slightly muffled (this goes after around an hour though). i'm thinking about getting some Etymotic ER20 earplugs. anyone familiar with these?? any good? also i'm unsure as to what size to get; the blue - small - or the white - larger. anybody know the appoximate sizes of the two types?
Cheers,
Jonathan
My current acoustic group:

Fiftieth Parallel

Martin Guitars
Elixer Strings
Acoustic amplification
BOSS pedals

Last edited by jon93971 at Jan 23, 2009,
USE earplugs.
You will get hearing damage.

You probably don't need special earplugs as a drummer. Just something to muffle the sound would work fine like some cheap bags of earplugs.

But then, im no drummer.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
i did think about the cheap ones, but they make the sound really muffled. and you lose the high frequencies. the ER20's reduce the noise level, but without muffling the sound. although, i'm asking just to make sure that they actually do that before i make any further decisions. they're not too pricey either. definately under US$20 i think and around £10-15 here in the UK
My current acoustic group:

Fiftieth Parallel

Martin Guitars
Elixer Strings
Acoustic amplification
BOSS pedals

Iv just started using the ER20s and they are freaking awsome, i dont even have the ringing noise in my ear after practise....i would definately recommend them.

As for sizes, im completly unsure about that.
Ipod earbuds are about a medium...(although they don't actually go into your canal). That's probably the safest size. Or you could stick a few Q-tips in there and check the rough diameter of them all.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.