Page 1 of 2
I havent seen a thread of this yet, so I'm starting one. I got this pedal nearly a year ago, and I think it's pretty decent for its price. Anyway, I've recently been looking for some good settings anyone has found for it. Anything from hardcore metal to simple classic rock. I'm mostly looking for something that's like Avenged Sevenfold's sound from Sounding the Seventh Trumpet. Also for a Metallica sound. Any sound from all of their albums. Or even something that will just sound good on my Epi Les Paul Standard or through Seymour Duncan Invaders.

And please, don't post replies saying that the pedal is crap or anything like that. That just wastes both yours and my time.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
Well, I ain't doin' anything right now, and I don't care about you..

So...

heh.

That pedal ****ing sucks ass!
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by a7xsteve
I havent seen a thread of this yet, so I'm starting one. I got this pedal nearly a year ago, and I think it's pretty decent for its price. Anyway, I've recently been looking for some good settings anyone has found for it. Anything from hardcore metal to simple classic rock. I'm mostly looking for something that's like Avenged Sevenfold's sound from Sounding the Seventh Trumpet. Also for a Metallica sound. Any sound from all of their albums. Or even something that will just sound good on my Epi Les Paul Standard or through Seymour Duncan Invaders.

And please, don't post replies saying that the pedal is crap or anything like that. That just wastes both yours and my time.

Why would you want sounds from that horrible album? :P

What are the knobs on the pedals?
Quote by a7xsteve

But the pedal IS crap - you're not going to get anything remotely approaching a classic rock tone and Avenged Sevenfold's sound comes from $3000 amp heads so why would a $70 pedal be able to replicate it.

You can probably get something close to Metallica's pissweak "Justice" tone with the Metal Zone, it's a pretty good fit for that.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by SchecterZV
Why would you want sounds from that horrible album? :P

What are the knobs on the pedals?

The knobs are Level, High, Low, Mid, Mid Freq, and Distortion. I love that album. i actually love the guitar sound on it. idk y, just do.
Save Gibson

So try the Ultimate Settings Thread, where all of these questions belong.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by a7xsteve
The knobs are Level, High, Low, Mid, Mid Freq, and Distortion. I love that album. i actually love the guitar sound on it. idk y, just do.

I can understand liking the guitar tones. Try the high at around 1, mid around 10 - 11, and high nearly all the way up.

The numbers are referring to clock positions btw.
Quote by SchecterZV
I can understand liking the guitar tones. Try the high at around 1, mid around 10 - 11, and high nearly all the way up.

The numbers are referring to clock positions btw.

u mentions high twice. did u mean low at around 1? and wut about mid freq and dist?
Save Gibson

Hmmm. Do you still have the manual that came with it? It has those basic genre settings. I use those and tweak them from there to get certain sounds. I don't know why some people think that pedal is garbage. I guess its too high gain for them. I love it.
Ew that pedal sounds horrid. Its my opinion and im not wasting my time.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by MommasHooligan
Hmmm. Do you still have the manual that came with it? It has those basic genre settings. I use those and tweak them from there to get certain sounds. I don't know why some people think that pedal is garbage. I guess its too high gain for them. I love it.

Too high gain? Hah...try thin, pissweak, and digital. Turn up the bass knob and you essentially have muddy water. If you want high gain, get a 6505.

Don't judge me.
k thanks. and i will try just tweaking with settings from the manual. stupid of me to not think of that. =P

and y do some of u come hear 2 rip on the pedal? its like when ppl go on youtube just to say **** on vids u dont like.
Save Gibson

Quote by a7xsteve
k thanks. and i will try just tweaking with settings from the manual. stupid of me to not think of that. =P

and y do some of u come hear 2 rip on the pedal? its like when ppl go on youtube just to say **** on vids u dont like.

Because it's annoying when people want the tone of a $3000 Bogner for the price of a $79 Boss. If it worked like that, Bogner wouldn't exist.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Because it's annoying when people want the tone of a $3000 Bogner for the price of a $79 Boss. If it worked like that, Bogner wouldn't exist.

im not looking for an exact tone but something that's close enough. and many people can't afford $3000 amps. i havent even seen bogner on musicians friend or gc either. i've seen line 6 w/ bogner tube amps. those look nice. i played one at gc with the syn custom and it sounded cool. not same as syns tone but still cool.
Save Gibson

Sure, I used an extreme example, but the truth is you just aren't going to get a band's great tone with a crappy pedal. No matter how many knobs you turn and stars you wish upon.

Don't judge me.
Some people always suggest dropping coin on a new amp. "oh just get a 6505 or a triple rec", blah blah blah. Not everyone can afford that. Just use what ya got until one day you feel you need to upgrade to something big. No sense in buying $1000+ amps if you so happen to quit later down the road.
I use a digitech metal master, and it gets PERFECT (not sarcasm) mettalica tones, best effect i have ever used. it runs for around $90 , but i got mine used for $50. and definitely get an adapter to plug it in cause it eats batteries like candy, goes through 1 every day and a half for me (but i use it around 3 hours a day) im still waiting for my adapter to come,and if it runs low on power it makes this really weird noise through my amp then stops working, but thats just mine

conclusion: awsome pedal, wont break the bank, so you cant go wrong
My Gear:
EspLtd ec-1000 ]
Epi Les Paul
dean avalanche (project guitar)
C.F. Martin/ Sigma DR-41
C.F. Martin CS-1 classical
Vox Valvetronix tonelab ST
C.F.Martin/ Sigma D-12
I use a Metal Zone. If you want a real beefy metal sound, pair it with a Dunlop Wah, preferebaly a Slash or Dimebag, maybe even a Zakk. My settings for the MT-2 are Distortion at about 9-11, dependeing on what I'm playing. Mid is 11, mid freq is 1, High is 4, low is 5. All numbers represent the points on a clock. My wah has the gain boost on and set all the way up [the wah provides most of the gain for the distortion]. The big black knob is set either completely forward, two back, or one off of the top position. the two smaller knobs on the other side can be set to your preference. My amp is set at Low: 2, Mid: 0, High: 3. Again, clock positions. Volume is set to whatever is appropriate for the setting you're in, same for the "Level" on the MT-2. Using this combo and very little tweaking, I can get a range of sounds from Metallica's Blackened and Master of Puppets to PAul Gilbert's Scarified and Technical Difficulties.
I don't want to join on any band wagons but a guitar player I jam with uses one and it sounds like bees. Couldn't get any proper sustain out of it without getting a tone similar to my fender Frontman 15G.

It did sounds alright with some EQing and delay to take out the fizzy qualities.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Jan 23, 2009,
Love this pedal...freaken great
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
this pedal sucks

and i have 1
My Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX

Cort VX 2V

Marshall JTM 60

Boss MT-2

Marshall Bluesbreaker Pedal (BB-2)
The best possible setting for this pedal is.......

Off
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I love the MT-2, great sounds in that thing, My settings - Pedal: Level (4), Low (10), High (10), Mid Freq (5), Mid (3), Dist (8); Amp - Bass (8), Contour (8), High (10). Good Settings for every type of metal.
Quote by Krow147
I love the MT-2, great sounds in that thing, My settings - Pedal: Level (4), Low (10), High (10), Mid Freq (5), Mid (3), Dist (8); Amp - Bass (8), Contour (8), High (10). Good Settings for every type of metal.

*sigh*
here we go again.........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by TripleR26
I use a digitech metal master, and it gets PERFECT (not sarcasm) mettalica tones

Who's mettalica?
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
Quote by Kevin Saale
The best possible setting for this pedal is.......

Off

+1

My friend has this horrid pedal. He has everything turned all the way up and he didn't EQ his amp. Not to mention he can't play guitar either which doesn't make it any better.

It sounds like bees were put into the freaking pedal.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
*sigh*
here we go again.........

Everyone's got their own tone. You have no idea what kinds of sounds I even get out of this pedal, so don't talk **** when you obviously have an ignorant opinion.
Quote by Krow147
Everyone's got their own tone. You have no idea what kinds of sounds I even get out of this pedal, so don't talk **** when you obviously have an ignorant opinion.

But he knows what kinds of sounds that pedal produces.

****slap, biatch...

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
But he knows what kinds of sounds that pedal produces.

****slap, biatch...

What kinds of sounds he's got out of it is of no concern. It has nothing to do with what I said. He still has no idea how it sounds in my setup.

****slap, biatch...
Last edited by Krow147 at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by Krow147
What kinds of sounds he's got out of it is of no concern. It has nothing to do with what I said. He still has no idea how it sounds in my setup.

****slap, biatch...

I'm not sure I said "what he gets out of it"...let me reread that.

Nope, it turns out that I said "the kinds of sounds that pedal produces"...

as in, any setup. no matter what.

fail.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
I'm not sure I said "what he gets out of it"...let me reread that.

Nope, it turns out that I said "the kinds of sounds that pedal produces"...

as in, any setup. no matter what.

fail.

Although it produces the same sound in most cases (with the obvious exception of mods) it will sound different with every setup, so there isn't any "no matter what" unless he's tried this pedal with every guitar, pickup, amp, and setting possible. The sound overall is the only thing that matters. Knowing the exact sound a pedal produces means nothing, but it's how you get it to sound in the end that counts.
Sure, you can speak in semantics, but I'd prefer a bit of basic math in this case.

sh*t pedal + decent amp = sh*t.

You don't plant a turd in the ground and grow a cow.

In the same manner, you don't plug into an MT-2 and expect good things.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Sure, you can speak in semantics, but I'd prefer a bit of basic math in this case.

sh*t pedal + decent amp = sh*t.

You don't plant a turd in the ground and grow a cow.

In the same manner, you don't plug into an MT-2 and expect good things.

It isn't a bad pedal if you can get even a good sound from it, Although the opinion on what a good sound is varies from person to person. It isn't a bad pedal, it is just disliked by most of the population. I've found many ****ty sounds from it, but I've also found amazing tones. I've also been able to copy many professional's tones with it. Could a ****ty pedal accurately emulate sounds from the most elite of the genre that it was designed for?
both of you should shut up and get off the thread if you're just gonna argue

as for the MT-2
i have one but for the longest time hadn't used because i loved my previous amps distortion

when i changed amps though, the new amp distortion wasn't much of what i needed so i started using it again

though when i bought a noise suppressor, it cleaned up the tone ALOT and now i am satisfied with what i have, for now at least

so basically
i dont mind mine really, its not something that turns me into a mindless, immature douche when i go online

EDIT:
The TS should report the posts that are just flaming this, he gave a disclaimer about it, and i think thats excercising his right

for instance, i cant go into the Laney thread and say they suck balls without getting a warning for spam
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
Last edited by roarinflames at Feb 16, 2009,
Erm...no.

Which is exactly my point. I don't trust your judgment.

Quote by roarinflames
both of you should shut up and get off the thread if you're just gonna argue...

...so basically
i dont mind mine really, its not something that turns me into a mindless, immature douche when i go online

You're right. This forum is only ever full of useful and uplifting conversations.

News flash...people disagree. The world is not full of rainbows and butterflies, and just because I don't mind letting someone know that I dislike a certain pedal doesn't mean that I'm an immature douche.

But I must admit, when I started arguing, I was hoping that someone would jump to an outrageously silly conclusion and play daddy.

Thanks.

Don't judge me.
Last edited by theoreticmusic at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by theoreticmusic
Erm...no.

Which is exactly my point. I don't trust your judgment.

I suppose that is a valid argument. Except that it's not a matter of judgment, but of opinion. I like the sound I get from it (which doesn't sound like bees), and I fail to understand how debating makes me an immature douche.
Last edited by Krow147 at Feb 16, 2009,
im gonna request this thread get shut down
too many arguments

^^Krow
i obviously was not pertaining to you
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
Last edited by roarinflames at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by roarinflames
im gonna request this thread get shut down
too many arguments

^^Krow
i obviously was not pertaining to you

Someone dislikes controversy.
See, here's the thing. These arguments are all on topic...albeit a very controversial topic, but who cares.

There are no personal attacks (except for yours...!), and there are no real digressions...

Which means that you reported the thread because I piss you off. Congrats.

...and now we're off topic. feel free to report this, but know that it is of your own doing.

Don't judge me.
Page 1 of 2