Its used but in good condition. From the 90s somewhere.
Atm it's got a black pickguard and emg 707 in bridge, but both original mirror-pickguard and original blaze pups are included in the price as well as the original hardcase.

Pros:
I want a sevenstring, why not go with a great one from the start?
Its about a third of the new price in europe, which is about 3000$ (the emg pu itself is 200$!)
Should be a solid all-around guitar. Metal if I leave the emg in or all around other stuff if I stuff the blazes in.
Near-top-of-the-line Ibanez' are great quality guitars
Its got a certain brag-value to it, and the looks arent bad either
Might be able to resell it at same or even higher price in a couple of years

Cons:
Im poor atm
Basswood might be a bit dull for metal (might be wrong, as basswood quality varies greatly)
Im poor
Steve Vai is cheesy
I might be better off with a Schecter blackjack or hellraiser

So convince me, why I should or shouldnt get this axe!
so if you have your money and you're sure that you want a 7 string you should go for it (of course after looking at other choices)..
Do it faggot.

Seriously if i hadnt JUST bought myself a new 7 id be asking where i could get this myself...
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
gotta <3 ug-replies

Im biased towards buying it

Need more opinions though

Edit: And if the Tender Surrender video isnt the purest, thickest cheese, then dont send me to the market for dairy products
Last edited by xFilth at Jan 23, 2009,
Well if it's in good condition I think you should pick it over a Schecter.I'd rather have a slightly beat up $2000+ MIJ instrument than a brand new MIK guitar that falls in at under $900,but that's just me.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by xFilth
Edit: And if the Tender Surrender video isnt the purest, thickest cheese, then dont send me to the market for dairy products

Aww that vid is ancient. Vai's way more toned down now (though he still does the crazy faces )

I'd go for it, can't really go wrong with a Universe.