Hey guys,
Im supposed to get my Warwick $$ Corvette 5-string in the mail a week from monday. I was wondering, is it really hard to play without inlays there to help you?
All the basses ive ever played (except the warwick I test drived at guitar center) have always had inlays in them.
Help?
Commando of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join maggot!

I
What do you mean? Are you talking about dots on the fretboard? You still have side-dots so you should be fine.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
You very quickly get used to it. I find inlays put me off a bit now and look a bit weird.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Beast_Within
What do you mean? Are you talking about dots on the fretboard? You still have side-dots so you should be fine.

Yes the ''dots''

I
Quote by DewdPerson
Yes the ''dots''

my Schecter has no inlay except a diamond thing, it took me maybe 3 minutes. you'll be fine.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I never even use them i use the dots on the side, also i think a "**** you i want that $$" is in order so here goes :

**** you i want that $$
Quote by Taygunov
I never even use them i use the dots on the side, also i think a "**** you i want that $$" is in order so here goes :

**** you i want that $$

Thanks for making more exited for it to get here haha.
Its literraly been almost 2 monthes since I ordered it from the store.

I
Congratz! I love my $$... As for the inlays, it throws every other guitarist off that tries to read my hand position, but I find it hilarious.

Again, congratz! and keep thumping!!!
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
my schecter studio got back ordered too. waited about 1 1/2 months. did you call and ask if it came in?
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Revelation
my schecter studio got back ordered too. waited about 1 1/2 months. did you call and ask if it came in?

Yea I did, I have no idea why I have to wait so long. 3 weeks ago they told me it would come in four weeks. But I doubt it a little bit.

I
Quote by DewdPerson
Yea I did, I have no idea why I have to wait so long. 3 weeks ago they told me it would come in four weeks. But I doubt it a little bit.

My understanding is that Warwick actually build to order, as opposed to mass produce like some companies, which may be why it's taking so long. I have to wait another 10 weeks for mine.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
My understanding is that Warwick actually build to order, as opposed to mass produce like some companies, which may be why it's taking so long. I have to wait another 10 weeks for mine.

Maybe if he ordered directly from Warwick (meaning that he would be tremendously overpaying for the bass), but the $$ is definitely a mass produced instrument. I believe that the only "made to order" Warwicks are the tremendously less common models and, of course, anything that comes out of the custom shop.

Congrats on the Wick, TS! I love my $$. If this is your first Warwick and you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm. I currently own 3, and I have picked up some random knowledge regarding the basses along the way.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

his isnt custom shop though
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
The "lack of dots" aren't going to screw with u.
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Trace Elliot GP7SM 200watt bass combo
Quote by ScottB.
his isnt custom shop though

Not the point. AFAIK, shops order, and they're made to order, even standard models. Or so my local store told me.

And from the mouth of Hans Peter Wilder himself:

Quote by Hans Peter Wilfer
“We do not aim for mass production; we like being a custom shop player – and compare ourselves with brands like Porsche.”

Only going on what's been said.
If they're like Porsche... HOLY **** THEYRE GONNA BUYOUT FENDER.

I hope none of you guys are in the hedgefund business...

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Thanks for all the help guys.
I cant wait for it to get here.

I