whats your opinion of the tonelab le? ive made several posts before about multi-fx units, and the top runner so far is the vox. im looking for a compressor, and acoustic sounds, so the line 6 stuff is out.

my main question is about the 'valve reactor' do you think this makes all the difference? or is it just hocus pocus?
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst
Fender MIM Stratocaster Ash Natural
Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
It does actually make it slightly warmer. It won't replace the actual tube amps it's emulating, but the extra warmth is welcome on a digital processor.
cool, thanks for the info. ive watched a few vids on youtube, and im really impressed.

looks like ill have one as soon as uncle sam comes through!
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst
Fender MIM Stratocaster Ash Natural
Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
Probably the best multi-effects pedal that I've used. Before commiting to the Tone Lab I bought and returned (to GC) several Line 6 POD variants and a couple of Boss products. I was skeptical about the whole valve reactor technology thing but in the end it the Tone Lab sounded alot better (at least to my ears) than the other guys.

I've been using the Tone Labs LE for 2 years now and haven't had any issues mechanically or having it malfuntion. I recommend reading the owners manual if you want to take full advantage of the LE and dont lose it...I've had to refer to it many times for certain info. Using the insert effects send/return works exceptionally well if you have an existing pedal board with individual stomp boxes. I use mine for both recording straight into my computer and through an amplifier for live gigs.

Things I don't like about the LE:
1. Expression Pedal can only be configured for one function ie, Volume/Wah/Modulation Parameter/Gain Levels etc...I wish it could switch between Volume and Wah or some other parameter (I think the SE had 2 expression pedals) maybe if Vox comes out with an XE they'll make the change.

2. When switching between channels/programs there's that annoying 0.05ms delay (maybe someday someone will be able to eliminate that in all multi-effects processors).

3. No instructions on how to change out the tube/valve. Hopefully I'll never get to that issue, but unlikely becuase it's tube and tubes break.

Bottom line it was worth every penny spent and if you come across other reviews about the LE that mention "less is more" when dialing in your tone...it's true.