so i just got my new Fender blues Junior amp in the mail today. i ordered it last week from guitar center. while it was warming up, i noticed an odd clicking sound that occured every minute or so. once i turned it on tho, it sounded amazing, no problem at all, for about 5 minutes, and then it started getting this obnoxious static whenever i played through it. it seems to be worse with bassier signals, like when i play through the neck pickup and on the lower strings. its not my guitar (i tried two different ones through it), not my cable (again, i tried several different ones) and not my power outlet. can anyone help me figure out the problem?

tl,dr: i got a new Fender blues junior amp today and when i play through it, there's this obnoxious static sound, especially with the neck pickup and lower strings. help please!
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
Plug it into a different room. See if that helps.

If not phone GC and see if they can help.
def try pluggin it in somewhere else...maybe go to a friends house and try it...amps pick up lots of crazy things
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
does it click even when nothing is plugged into it, volume on zero?

and +2 to the other outlet thing. even tho it seems like you tried cables, outlet and guitars...

you ordered in thu mail?
get a return label for free shipping and send it back on their dime.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I have a BJ Tweed NOS and it seems that the output tubes are really loose and causing intermittent connections and crackling noises. It can be heard when fairly cranked and holding a chord. (At first I thought it was a cable or pot)

Looking at the rear I can see one of the output tubes engaging and disengaging and when I wiggle it I can hear an improvement in the sound and fullness. Seems like a really poor design using two little springs in overly loose sockets to secure the output tubes, eh?

I have already had one tube almost go into meltdown, glowing a bright orange compared to the other tube. Installed a matched set of EL84's which seem to wiggle and sway with ease. I can visually see the "little blue flame" coming on and going out. Is this normal?
Any suggestions?
greg you dont need to bump all the old Bjr threads. go back to the first one you posted in.

a couple of us have already posted there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

haha, nah, then he'll be in 4 places.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62