C major / A minor.
^

Edit: Because C Major is C D E F G A B and A minor is A B C D E F G
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Last edited by FFTLxx at Jan 23, 2009,
The first set of chords is C major, the other set is A minor. In the latter, E would go both ways as major or minor, it would be minor in A natural minor, and major in A harmonic minor.
it would be minor in A natural minor, and major in A harmonic minor.

No, it would just be major. Harmonic minor is not a scale nor a key, it is a convention within minor tonality. In Western tonal harmony, dominant chords are major. Period. You can use Em if you want, but it's not going to resolve to anything.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
No, it would just be major. Harmonic minor is not a scale nor a key, it is a convention within minor tonality. In Western tonal harmony, dominant chords are major. Period. You can use Em if you want, but it's not going to resolve to anything.

I guess I said it in the wrong context. What I meant to say was that both E and Em would fit in A minor, I know E would be more common since it has a better resolution to the tonic but it doesn't rule out the usage of Em. You'd obviously be much more likely to find an E chord in A minor as opposed to C major.