aight. My G string keeps slipping when i bend it. (get your minds out of the gutter) I tune it over and over again and it keeps going flat. It didn't do that before.

To try to help it, i put WD40 on the place where the string wraps around the tuning post. it helped, but it didnt work..

Any suggestions?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
what kind of bride do you have? is your action too low? get new strings?
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
i'm not sure but you just got sigged my friend
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
strings are like a month old. no way it's the strings. TOM bridge. and i dont think my action is too low. it doesnt feel too low.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
the string never slipped until about a month after restringing. I strung it like the knot way, if you know what i mean.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
i lol'ed so hard when i came into this thread and read the first sentence. idk if this is supposed to be funny or not but it sure as hell was hahaha

on topic: mine does that too, but im playing an ibenez gio so who am i to complain
JBizzle typoed saying bride. How ironic with G strings.

On the topic, WD40? How would lubricating the part that needs to stay tight help it from slipping out of tune? Try rewrapping it.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by guitarmaniac88
JBizzle typoed saying bride. How ironic with G strings.

On the topic, WD40? How would lubricating the part that needs to stay tight help it from slipping out of tune? Try rewrapping it.
It could be the string is getting caught in the nut. and then being held out of tune after a bend. Very common with vibrato bridges, not so common without a vibrato but it does happen.

That said, the vast, vats majority of tuning problems simply come down to you not restringing the guitar correctly. Make sure you're doing it properly, get someone else to double check if need be, then check the nut and the bridge saddles to make sure the string isn't binding in one of them.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
what kind of bride do you have? is your action too low? get new strings?

this guy thinks that the OP isnt getting enough action from his bride

Quote by MrFlibble
It could be the string is getting caught in the nut.

oh my god this thread wins so much. ill leave now before i get banned for spamming
Last edited by gtrplyr at Jan 23, 2009,
Quote by gtrplyr
on topic: mine does that too, but im playing an ibenez gio so who am i to complain

I went down that path in the start as well. Buy something new NOW!!!! Do not make me drag out the pictures of my Gio's action and neck.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I went down that path in the start as well. Buy something new NOW!!!! Do not make me drag out the pictures of my Gio's action and neck.

im poor as hell, im 15 so i cant get a job anywhere, ive applied at like 20 different places around my area. idk what else i can do. i want a schecter hellraiser fr really bad u have no idea
I went with another Ibanez after my Gio. RG-7321. Now I have a Gibson SG sitting next to the RG-7, and my Gio is sitting in its gig bag in the closet.
its a ****ing string bro
buy a new one and see if it happens again
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by gtrplyr
this guy thinks that the OP isnt getting enough action from his bride

oh my god this thread wins so much. ill leave now before i get banned for spamming
Holy **** dude. Get outside more.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
It could be the string is getting caught in the nut. and then being held out of tune after a bend. Very common with vibrato bridges, not so common without a vibrato but it does happen.

That said, the vast, vats majority of tuning problems simply come down to you not restringing the guitar correctly. Make sure you're doing it properly, get someone else to double check if need be, then check the nut and the bridge saddles to make sure the string isn't binding in one of them.

this is what i think it is, either put some graphite in the nut, use a pencil and grind it in the slots or buy a graphit nut, but the g string is always hard to keep in tune.
I would get new strings, Sometimes you get a bad string in a pack, Plus you have to stretch those strings good. Make sure you wound the strings correctly in the tuning keys. its also not a bad idea to check your intonition(sp?)

Sorry for the bad spelling or grammer Jager does that to me :P
Quote by DimeLvR
I would get new strings, Sometimes you get a bad string in a pack, Plus you have to stretch those strings good. Make sure you wound the strings correctly in the tuning keys. its also not a bad idea to check your intonition(sp?)

Sorry for the bad spelling or grammer Jager does that to me :P

imma go do a little action adjustment and some intonation i guess. see if that helps.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
The G string is known poor tuning stability. And at a month old it is probably time for new strings. As you said it was fine for a while. And dont put oil on the tuning post oil is not known for making things easier to grip.
Quote by apak
imma go do a little action adjustment and some intonation i guess. see if that helps.

so you can adj your action and int. but your having problems with you g string?
(lol)
i kid i kid, just check to see if everythings sitting in the saddle and nut correctly
i actually would loosen it up first just incase when you snap it back in correctly, it adds a TON of tension, snapping the string.
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by Tackleberry
The G string is known poor tuning stability. And at a month old it is probably time for new strings. As you said it was fine for a while. And dont put oil on the tuning post oil is not known for making things easier to grip.

your kidding?
a month?
if you play ur guitar in a desert...yea!
erm..i would suggest the pencil graphite, slides much easier!!
ive had same string on for about 3 months, the g, which to me is an F...kinda slips out every now and then, but i graphite it up works for like a few weeks
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=