I want to broaden my playing horizons beyond rock, punk, and metal. I figure the more I can play and understand musically the better my own writing will become.

So I wanna start with some basic stuff. Recommend me some jazz, blues, or classical that, while not altogether simple, will get me started into these playing styles a bit and get me the feel.

I'll download tabs for all, probably some albums too to listen to, and put it all aside.

Any suggestions will be accounted for.
Thanks
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Hendrix, King, Vauhgn, some blues standards from them will probably do you good. Also, learn the 12 bar blue in general just so you can improve your improv.

For classical, I reccomend Nicolo Paganini's 24 caprices. They will keep you busy for a while, but they are really fun to play.
Life Sucks, And Then You Die

So make the very best of it

My Last.fm Profile

Please check out my Youtube, and friend me if you like it. I do C4C, and I gladly will crit anything if you ask me.

I <3 My Xiphos
Quote by Mudhippy2011
Hendrix, King, Vauhgn, some blues standards from them will probably do you good. Also, learn the 12 bar blue in general just so you can improve your improv.

For classical, I reccomend Nicolo Paganini's 24 caprices. They will keep you busy for a while, but they are really fun to play.

i know basics of 12 bar already since i joined my schools' rock band class. Didn't do much else for me other than that, but I got that. I'll definitely look into learning more of their stuff though.

I've never heard of that composer, I'll definitely look him up
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!