So recently i jumped from a pawn shop guitar to a Ibanez AEG10E. I love it, but I wonder if it is possible that it came with a small issue. Other people around me and I seem to think there is an extra vibration coming from the guitar when i play the A string. I wonder if I may just be paranoid, or is it plausible and should i have the guitar looked at?

edit: If i play the Low E string and A string together the vibration is noticably worse, but only once the A string is struck.
Last edited by tlspyder at Jan 23, 2009,
Sorry, but can you describe vibration? Do you mean the entire guitar vibrates, as in you can feel it, or is there a "buzz" quality to the vibration?
Gear:
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric
It's like a rattle coming from some part of the guitar that isn't the strings. I've uploaded a sound clip of me first playing the E string then the A then them together. I only have my little labtops mic so it is quiet but hopefully you can hear the rattling at least when i play the E and A strings together.

Physically i can't feel any extra vibration so i guess it's more of a buzz quality. Mostly i hope the sound file does justice to what I am hearing. It is most obvious to me at least in the 11th second of the clip.

Here's this link, it's just the first thing that came to google when i searched host file or something:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qgwlth5yj0y

I appreciate it guys.
Last edited by tlspyder at Jan 24, 2009,
i can't really hear it from the file you provided. Anyway, since it's an electro-acoustic, check if your electronics are the cause of the rattling noise. I have an Ibanez electro-acoustic too (EWC30) that rattles because of the battery pack on the guitar. It also buzzed on the A string + the D string. What I do is I just take the battery out and put it back in. Most of the time, the rattle goes away.