what cymbal brand can take a real good beating bc i use ziljdian and i put crcks in my crash and in my hi-hats
and suggestions?
Quote by ltd v100
what cymbal brand can take a real good beating bc i use ziljdian and i put crcks in my crash and in my hi-hats
and suggestions?

Cymbals crack, it's life.
Try better ones.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by monkeysintheday
Cymbals crack, it's life.
Try better ones.

...I think that's what he's asking, what would be better ones?
Trash Can lids

Lars Ulrich used them on St. anger
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
They will all crack over time. Try getting thicker cymbals if you want them to last longer, but remember with thicker cymbals comes more sustain, darker tones, etc, which (in my experience at least) most drummers, including myself, don't like.
any cymbals will break eventually, they're just really thin metal

if you want something tougher it depends on the line too, not just brand
e.g. "metal" cybmals will be alot heavier than "jazz"

i have a meinl soundcaster crash that i've destroyed, and a gen-x china that's holding up just fine

so i guess a short answer is to do a little research and get tough cymbals
or keep buying the thinner ones
okay seriously zildjians are like the highest quality cymbals, so theres obviously someththing wrong with your tecnique. Are you using the right tecnique to hit cymbals? Are you using cymbal felts (or washers?)

EDIT: Cymbals can last forever if you take good care of them.
Quote by identityxcrysis
...I think that's what he's asking, what would be better ones?

yeah, I use the Sabian B8 series, it's their cheapest series, but they're fine as long as you don't play like a spaz.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
no better than zildjians ..

zildjian, sabian, and paiste are the top 3 brands.
try and get cast cymbals, not sheet cymbals
Quote by marco515
okay seriously zildjians are like the highest quality cymbals, so theres obviously someththing wrong with your tecnique. Are you using the right tecnique to hit cymbals? Are you using cymbal felts (or washers?)

EDIT: Cymbals can last forever if you take good care of them.

ya im using the felts but then again i think these r 6 yr cymbals im using to and i hit pretty hard when i play
Quote by PhillyHendrix
Trash Can lids

Holy sh*t thats a new one
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by PhillyHendrix
Trash Can lids

And he used the rest of the can for a snare.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
get some thicker ones and with the cracks if its not to bad this should work

1 drill hole about an inch from where the crack ends

2 slowly use a file to make sure the sides arent touching

or ou can take it to some one that knows how to do metal work and they might have to cut out a peice shaped like a peice of pie and thatll fix the problem
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
get some thicker ones and with the cracks if its not to bad this should work

1 drill hole about an inch from where the crack ends

2 slowly use a file to make sure the sides arent touching

or ou can take it to some one that knows how to do metal work and they might have to cut out a peice shaped like a peice of pie and thatll fix the problem

ya but the one of the crash is more than alf-way into the cymbal so im not sure if any of the will help
What the hell are you doing to them ?

Remember that you can get anything from beginner cymbals to pro level cymbals. The pro level ones will obviously sound better and be more resiliant.

Zildijan's can take a hell of a lot of abuse. Well try some Sabians. Portnoy uses them so they should stand up to some crazy stuff. But then Travis Barker uses Zildijan's and he beats them to an inch of their lives. Paiste and Meinl make awesome cymbals too !

In my personal experience any good cymbal should take quite a beating. Just don't buy the thin cymbals if you are going to abuse them so much.

And look into your technique. You don't have to kill a cymbal. They actually sound best when you 'play' the sound out of them. Seriously, chill out. And don't make the n00b mistake of tightening the cymbal into the stand and then bashing it. Keep it loose so that it can move around.
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Last edited by X-Boy at Jan 23, 2009,