I cant really decide between these 2, they both sound really good to me (tried it at the store).
the YCS is probably a bit more versitile and has more features but its pretty ugly imo (not that it matters that much).

Ive heard from people that has tried both of these amps, most of them say that the YCS 50 is a better amp overall, is this true??

Honestly what are the differences.

I play: Blues, Rock, Classic rock, Jazz, Pop, Funk, ...Rarely play Metal
Dont play: anything beyond Metal in terms of Distortion
If you can get a blue, a 4x12 cabinet really compliments it.

I hate saying get a 4x12, but, honestly, blues sound A LOT better through a 4x12...one of my friends has a combo into a 4x12, and it sounds beautiful, clear and precise.

But yeah, Blue's are fantastic amps for the price, I think they are Traynor's best amps myself. When I get enough money, I'm probably going to buy one just to have fun with .

EDIT: A GOOD 4x12 cabinet.
Fender American Strat HSS MAHOGANY!
MXR Carbon Copy
BBE Soul Vibe
Fulltone OCD
Planet Waves Chromatic Tuner
Egnater Tweaker 1x12 Combo
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12 combo
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Taylor 114CE
Last edited by harrisonmon at Jan 23, 2009,
Quote by harrisonmon

I hate saying get a 4x12, but, honestly, blues sound A LOT better through a 4x12...one of my friends has a combo into a 4x12, and it sounds beautiful, clear and precise.

EDIT: A GOOD 4x12 cabinet.

I honestly dont think ill be getting a cab for it any time soon
:S
They still sound fantastic, even in combo form. What I was trying to say was that the 4x12 brings out the very best.

In any form, the blue is better
MXR Carbon Copy
BBE Soul Vibe
Fulltone OCD
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Taylor 114CE
Quote by harrisonmon
They still sound fantastic, even in combo form. What I was trying to say was that the 4x12 brings out the very best.

In any form, the blue is better

I trust you but How is it better...thats the purpose of this thread, because honestly they both sound equally awesome to MY ears ...so its hard to decide you know? :P
Well the YCS is a bit bulkier with an oversized cab which is a good or a bad thing... more bass... takes more room... the blue is an average sized 1x12 with good tones as well. Hmm... if you think they YCS is ugly maybe that's the deciding factor.... just imagine having either one of them and then think.. would you be thinking about the other?
Alright, well, how loud can you let it get? Do you need the 15w setting on the YCS? Do you need the three channels? The YCS obviously has more features on it, but the tone isn't as quality as the blue in my opinion. It's up to you: it's whether or not you need the features. Don't count on my opinion, because I think that with the music you play, a Blue would be better.

If you want those features and you can't tell a difference in tone, or think that the YCS is better, then by all means go with it.

Really, one is just more simple and sounds sweeter.
MXR Carbon Copy
BBE Soul Vibe
Fulltone OCD
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Taylor 114CE
Quote by TubeAmpGuy
Well the YCS is a bit bulkier with an oversized cab which is a good or a bad thing... more bass... takes more room... the blue is an average sized 1x12 with good tones as well. Hmm... if you think they YCS is ugly maybe that's the deciding factor.... just imagine having either one of them and then think.. would you be thinking about the other?

I dont mind it being bigger...Im just more concerned about things that I may have missed like Cons of either amps ...so far the YCS has more features which is good..but at the same time it looks bad lol (which is a deciding factor like you said :P )
the YCS50 comes in a head format without that strange ugly cabinet (which i can't really enjoy looking at either.. but hey.. the line6 kidney bean isn't that pretty of a site either lol)

having tried both, i much prefer the the YCS for my style of music as it has a good chunk of gain on the tap (which is mainly metal)

and for what you play.. well its a tough call. the YCV are known marshally sounding amps so it would really shine for your rock tones. everything else? who knows.. i'm not really familiar with the rest of the styles.

the YCS has loads of versatility.. i love it for metal, and my uncle finds it has a great blues and country/rock tone.

these 2 amps aren't very similar in my experiences.. but both are great quality.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
the YCS50 comes in a head format without that strange ugly cabinet (which i can't really enjoy looking at either.. but hey.. the line6 kidney bean isn't that pretty of a site either lol)

having tried both, i much prefer the the YCS for my style of music as it has a good chunk of gain on the tap (which is mainly metal)

and for what you play.. well its a tough call. the YCV are known marshally sounding amps so it would really shine for your rock tones. everything else? who knows.. i'm not really familiar with the rest of the styles.

the YCS has loads of versatility.. i love it for metal, and my uncle finds it has a great blues and country/rock tone.

these 2 amps aren't very similar in my experiences.. but both are great quality.

ic...thanks

Too bad im looking for a combo right now or id consider the head
Quote by harrisonmon
Alright, well, how loud can you let it get? Do you need the 15w setting on the YCS? Do you need the three channels? The YCS obviously has more features on it, but the tone isn't as quality as the blue in my opinion. It's up to you: it's whether or not you need the features. Don't count on my opinion, because I think that with the music you play, a Blue would be better.

If you want those features and you can't tell a difference in tone, or think that the YCS is better, then by all means go with it.

Really, one is just more simple and sounds sweeter.

the 50 has 2 channels
Quote by harrisonmon
The YCS obviously has more features on it, but the tone isn't as quality as the blue in my opinion.

Is it noticeable? cuz for me tone > features....cuz I have a lot of nice pedals
Quote by luyezi27
Is it noticeable? cuz for me tone > features....cuz I have a lot of nice pedals

I don't think the Blue sounds better in general... you may find one that sounds better than some ycs's but you will also find the opposite. IMO it depends on who's playing, the quality of the guitar, the quality of the tubes in the amp, and the quality of speaker (ie. if it is broken in or not)

Edit: just had a thought... I believe most people put too much emphasis on the amp being used rather than the player and the guitar.... my YCS50 will sound completely different with a few turns of the screws on my pickups... it is a very transparent amp. If you like the sound of your guitar you will like the amp.
Last edited by TubeAmpGuy at Jan 24, 2009,