http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf39sCLIGpc
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/f/frank_gambale/little_charmer_guitar_pro.htm

Seriously, I can't find out what that guy is doing at 0:57 [bar 22 of the tab]

It's like... what the??? I know that the intro is in G major but... after, it's pretty complicated... I'm not experienced enough to find out. Apparently, the arpegiated chords are : D , D/C . Bb[add9] , Bb[add9]/Ab , G , G/F , Bb/Eb , Am7(#5). I'm thinking about a pedal note but I can't really see through all what he does...

Help please =/

edit : fixed, intro is in G major**

edit: MY BAD FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- WRONG VIDEO!!!
Last edited by kevC4 at Jan 24, 2009,
im sorry my friend, but youtube seems to be down for me
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
Ok .. this seems really hard to figure out because it looks pretty damn ambiguous, well some of the chords anyway.. so looking at lt from bars 22 to 26 I think the progression is going something like D7, Bb7, G7, then Bbmajor the first 2 beats and Dminor the last two.. I'm not sure.. the file is saying A minor #5 which is kinda ridiculous while the lead is playing a b5. I think it'd best be named as Dminor.
anyway, unless theres some kind of theoretical explanation for this I don't know about, it looks pretty crazy. Maybe you could say arpeggiating some kind of major tonality for each note in a G minor chord.. I have no idea heh. Anyway if those chords make sense, just look at the lead over the arpeggiated chords and work out the scale he's using over each chord. No doubt there's accidentals, so it will probably be pretty confusing. It confused the hell outta me but I've had a few beer
Quote by Ead
Ok .. this seems really hard to figure out because it looks pretty damn ambiguous, well some of the chords anyway.. so looking at lt from bars 22 to 26 I think the progression is going something like D7, Bb7, G7, then Bbmajor the first 2 beats and Dminor the last two.. I'm not sure.. the file is saying A minor #5 which is kinda ridiculous while the lead is playing a b5. I think it'd best be named as Dminor.
anyway, unless theres some kind of theoretical explanation for this I don't know about, it looks pretty crazy. Maybe you could say arpeggiating some kind of major tonality for each note in a G minor chord.. I have no idea heh. Anyway if those chords make sense, just look at the lead over the arpeggiated chords and work out the scale he's using over each chord. No doubt there's accidentals, so it will probably be pretty confusing. It confused the hell outta me but I've had a few beer

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused!

Well yeah , my first though was a scale changing each bars or each 2bars, but wasn't sure, maybe he's changing of key for each chord/arpeggio, pretty weird. But it really sounds good, too good to be that! It's like something is linking everything together.
If there's anything linking it together I'd bet it's just something about using a major key for each movement. I'm half expecting someone more knowledgable to come and kill my analysis but far as I can see its just basically using major tonality for each note in a G minor chord. I've never seen anything like that before, but you could hear kind of a similar thing if you play like A C G F or A G F. Replacing certain minor chords with major chords can sometimes give a dramatic effect.. I'm really not sure how to explain the theory behind that. Or if there is any specifically to describe it, even
Quote by Ead
If there's anything linking it together I'd bet it's just something about using a major key for each movement. I'm half expecting someone more knowledgable to come and kill my analysis but far as I can see its just basically using major tonality for each note in a G minor chord. I've never seen anything like that before, but you could hear kind of a similar thing if you play like A C G F or A G F. Replacing certain minor chords with major chords can sometimes give a dramatic effect.. I'm really not sure how to explain the theory behind that. Or if there is any specifically to describe it, even

I see what you mean and I know that theory of using a major/minor tonality. I would describe it as major = the inverse of minor.

But yeah this is very complex stuff... Frank Gambale is a really experienced guitarist. Anyway, I hope people will try and give their opinions.
I can help, but I'm not sure what ur question is.

you gave a different video then the tab.

What do you want to know? IS there something wrong with the tab?

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
I can help, but I'm not sure what ur question is.

you gave a different video then the tab.

What do you want to know? IS there something wrong with the tab?

Sorry dude, wrong video yeah! I was actualy looking to multiple frank gambales videos while I was analyzing this song, my bad!

Anyway, the tab really sounds perfect, it even looks like the guy who tabbed it found it in a book or something. The only thing is that, it's almost impossible to see what he's doing in the bars 22 to 38, looks like he's using a diff scale over each chord, well you know, "chord soloing" but it really sounds too good, it sounds like there's no modulation in there, so I'm searching what exactly is linking all these chords.

In resume, what is he doing from bars 22 to 38? What theory/technique he's using?
Sorry for bumping but... I really need more help on the subject =/