ok when ever i try an tap the strings are quite silent and have a wierd lower tone f the string when i pull off am i tapping correctly?
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
I don't quite understand you here, but I think it's just because you're either a) not hitting hard enough or b) hitting with the wrong part of the finger.

The part I don't know about is the lower tone. I'm not sure what you mean by that. The only time I've ever had a lower tone is when tapping on an acoustic.
Quote by 3hta_bryce
have a wierd lower tone f the string when i pull off

Don't bend the string when you pull off. That's the reason why. Creating a circular motion with your tapping finger when you tap/pull off bends the string slightly; just pull off at an angle instead (this also helps with pull-off speed/accuracy).
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
ok thanks ill try it what about the volume thing?
MIM Fender Strat
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
About the volume thing... maybe your hand/arm is resting on the string you're tapping. This would mute the string. But, like already stated, it could just be you need to tap harder.
ok i just finished playing for a bit and i tried to tap and my arm wasen't resting on the strings and im tappin pretty hard with helped
MIM Fender Strat
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
Tap nearer to the actual metal part of the desired fret, check that you don't have a super high action, and make sure the reason that it sound weird isn't that you don't have your amp so quiet that you're hearing the section of the string between the nut and the fret ring out over the sound from the amp too.
thanks that helped alot
MIM Fender Strat
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus