so a while ago i decided to paint my guitar, but when i took it apart i didn't have a soldering kit.
So i saw no harm in just cutting the wires that go to the pickups, and then afterwars just tie them together like you can with most electirc wires,

problem is that when i rebuilt it and plugged in I got nothing. I can hear the pick up selector switch clicking but nothing from the pickups.

is this fixable?

its an Epiphone SG by the way. but i don't really think that matters
Last edited by Metabolic575 at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by Metabolic575
so a while ago i decided to paint my guitar, but when i took it apart i didn't have a soldering kit.
So i saw no harm in just cutting the wires that go to the pickups, and then afterwars just tie them together like you can with most electirc wires,

problem is that when i rebuilt it and plugged in I got nothing. I can hear the pick up selector switch clicking but nothing from the pickups.

is this fixable?

Yeah, solder them.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by DLrocket89
Yeah, solder them.

+1

Simple as that.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Solution remains the same. Make sure the core of the wire is connected, add a few drops of solder. All the solder does is make the connection work while holding them together better.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

ok, also there was a little white wire inside the wirewould i have to separete the core from that wire with the rest of the core from the bigger wire?
Combine everything that was combined before

And use a soldering iron next time.

Stupid name.

Solder creates a better connection then just twisting them together cause with solder yor filling in the gaps between the wire thus not having to gap connections. Maybe you wired it wrong while redoing it.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Listen to Cam Listen to him or else we'll get Jim in here and see whats what!
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
alright thanks guys, i went out and got myself a soldering iron and fixed the wires, and everyhting is as it should be now
Quote by Metabolic575
alright thanks guys, i went out and got myself a soldering iron and fixed the wires, and everyhting is as it should be now

Sweet! What is possibly more important is that you now have required tools for modding...

Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial