Is it a bad idea to put stickers on your guitar/bass?
Blink-182 4 ever

Blink fan? add me
i have alot on my bass and i kinda regret it, but it seemed cool at the time, just do whatever you feel like
do what you want. but if you change your mind after a while. the stickers will leave residue. and it wont be fun to touch.
They're fun to put on. But given time you will hate it, and spend countless hours with lighter fluid and a rag removing them.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Be very very sure the stickers fit in well, and they look good for you and others, because as others have said, it will ruin your guitar and leave residue. If its a strat i suggest getting a new pick guard.
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
Hell, I put stickers on some of mine. Mostly the cheaper ones. It just gives a little "flair". Ultimately its up to you. My Dean is loaded with Misfits stickers :p
It's up to you, I bought a used Strat which had stickers on it, and not only was there residue, the color was slightly different under the sticker. So if you will ever want to remove them, good luck getting the finish looking perfect.

You might want to just put them on the pickguard for a bit, to see if you like
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
I put two on one of my Ibanez guitars. The first sticker I placed on it was parallel to the electronics cover on the back of the guitar. The second one I placed under the bridge about 2 months ago, I do sort of regret putting on the second one, but it doesn't look horrible. A guitar full of random decals and stickers can really look degrading or can improve your image to the audience(it really depends), in the end though, it's your guitar, whenever you have a question about modding/customizing your guitar, just ask yourself, "Will I regret this in a year?" and wait a week or two. If you still want to do it, go for it. It's always good to think about things first even though it may not be the easiest.

Cheers
I would suggest not to. There is this skater kid that goes to my school that covered his squier strat with zumiez (sp?) stickers. It was so ugly. At least it wasn't a MIM or MIA. I saw a local "band" today that the lead guitarist had put neon green duct tape on his BC Rich bronze warlock. The guitar wasn't even in tune, but I'm going to laugh when a string breaks.

/rambling
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Quote by Sonis3
I would suggest not to. There is this skater kid that goes to my school that covered his squier strat with zumiez (sp?) stickers. It was so ugly. At least it wasn't a MIM or MIA. I saw a local "band" today that the lead guitarist had put neon green duct tape on his BC Rich bronze warlock. The guitar wasn't even in tune, but I'm going to laugh when a string breaks.

/rambling

I have known many people like this too, it can make a guitar look really bad, and the player even worse. Very frequently it seems to happen when the total price of the stickers is worth more than the guitar itself.
I would advise only to put them on if you're sure that you're never going to sell the guitar, and that you won't want to remove them in the future.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Yeah, I've seen countless stickered guitars on craigslist that never sell.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Best thing to do really is shell for a custom paint job if you want to personalise your guitar in that way.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
IMO guitars aren't made to look pretty. They're there to be played. Stickers are just fun to throw on there. Some people got some axes that they treat like plutonium and are to busy keeping it shiny than playing it. lol
I've stickered up a few guitars from time to time. The residue isn't all that hard to get off and as long as you don't leave them on for years or leave your guitar lying out in the sun they shouldn't leave a mark where the finish under the stickers hasn't faded as much as the rest of it.
as long as you dont clean the residue off with a knife or something metal that will screatch the finish, i have seen this done many times as i repair guitars XD
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
My cousin was gonna sell me a Squire loaded with stickers on it. IMO it doesnt look that good and it kinda makes me want to cry. But to each his own.
personally, I wouldn't put any stickers on any of my guitars.

I just don't like the look, but thats my opinion.

Plus if you try in sell it with the stickers...it de-values ur guitar.