Hey guys and gals,

I was just wondering if i could have some input on this. Some tips on how to make it better, how the mix is, etc..

Thanks!

its called Tree.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mp5hkm/music/
Gear:
Epi Les Paul Custom w/ 57 classic plus & burstbucker pro
Gibson SG Limited Edition, Crescent Moon Inlays
Dr. Z SRZ-65
Egnater 4x12 cab w/ Vintage 30s
awesome dude, the one thing i'll say, and i dunno if you were going for this or not, but it seems like there's a bit of an echo with the vocals but nothin' major
Quote by acetherockstar
awesome dude, the one thing i'll say, and i dunno if you were going for this or not, but it seems like there's a bit of an echo with the vocals but nothin' major

Yupp, i put some delay on the vocals. Should i have a little bit less?
Gear:
Dr. Z SRZ-65
Running thoughts:
:02 more intro would be nice
:04 I like the vocals. Wouldn't take away the effects they sound nice.
:50 the strummed chords are great. They have just enough pick attack on them
1:50 I like the "ooohhh"s alot of times these turn me off, but you did it well.
2:09 deceptive. I thought you were going to end here
2:16 The thu-thump guitar thing was nice, though it sounded like you may have been just a bit off on a fret on one of them
2:47 this should be the end of the song. cut out all the dead space.
Frankly put, its annoying. Think about it, at this point whom ever is listening to the music on now has to reach into the pocket and manually change the song because they are trying to listen to music not just walk around with thier headphones in listening to silence.

Overall: good song. Vocals were decent and the effects just made them better, I particularily enjoyed the tone of the strummed guitar. Drums and bass sounded fine. Bass is really subtle but it has the right kind of tone for this. nice and mellow. I like how you cut parts in and out through out the song. its really adds emphasis to parts without being akward or overly like, " HEY LOOK AT ME WE CHANGED SOMETHING!!!!". I like it.

-Ryan
alright thanks a lot. I'll redo it and see what i get outta it.

anymore criticism?

i didnt mean to have all the silence. i forgot to slice a midi track, and my DAW though there was more of the song than it actually was.
Gear:
Dr. Z SRZ-65
Last edited by mp5hkm at Jan 27, 2009,