I was just gonna play my Triple XXX for some brootalz, but it won't make any sound no matter where the volume knob is!

I've used different guitars, different cables, the pilot light is still working, but when I look in the back the tubes are not glowing. If the tubes are not glowing does that mean a power tube went out?

Thanks for any help.
NO glow NO Go Bad tube somewhere in there sorry Brah!
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
If the power tubes arent glowing it's probably one of them. Pull them out look for burn marks on the inside or cracked glass. It's also possible you cooked a grid resister! But how old are the toobz?
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
I'd order up some tubes for it. I don't know if you can halve the power in a XXX so I really can't suggest to pull two tubes and leave two in. If you could, it would help eliminate the bad one(s).

If new tubes don't cure it though. Have a tech look at it.
If you haven't checked the fuse, start there first. They are a lot cheaper than tubes. Since you got it used having the tubes at least tested is a good idea. Replacing is not a bad idea either. Then you know what you have got.
Do you still have the manual for it? in the back, there should be a schematic of the internals. look to the if the power tubes are in parallel of series. if they are in parallel, you can play without one.

I suggest you take the amp out of the cabinet, take of the pre-amp tube covers and see if they glow. IF they do, AND your power tubes are in series, get some power tubes.
It looks like they are in parrallel, but before I thought I read that you couldn't take out one power tube on my amp.

3 of the 4 preamp tubes glow, the one that doesn't is the one that I think is in the PI slot.
if it was a preamp tube that was causing the problem, wouldnt there still be SOME volume?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Actually, no matter what tube I put in the PI slot, it doesn't light up. I even put in another 12AX7 I had lying around, and switched the tubes around, but whichever tube is in the PI slot still doesn't light up.