Song I've been working on for a bit, finally got a rough version recorded. Let me know what you think. It's Black Sabbath, Iced Earth, & Metal Church influenced.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/xHellbound/music/all/play526716

c4c of course. I'll probably fall asleep after I post this, but I will get back to you. Just let me know what you want me to crit.
Last edited by xHellbound at Jan 24, 2009,
Since this is c4c am I like not allowed to comment unless I've got something for you to crit...?
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Julz127
Since this is c4c am I like not allowed to comment unless I've got something for you to crit...?

Nah, it's just a way for me to get more crits. Feel free, lol.
Hey dude-

This song is nice and mellow at times. The bass and drums with the clean chords make for nice grooves. What did you use to make the bass? it sounds pretty good for the entire track. The main riff you use a lot has a great feel, it reminds me a little bit of sanitarium. The rhythm guitar parts have a good tone and cool riffs throughout, keep that timing as tight as you can! As far as the leads go I thought you had some nice licks, nothing bad to say except work on a few of those bends. I think it would be cool also to have parts where its dual layered, as in drums/bass and rhythm/lead. A lot of the lead parts would benefit from a cool rhythm going underneath.

What you have here is a great man, the drums and bass sound really good, with some tweaking of the guitar parts it would be even better.
Quote by supralightning
Hey dude-

This song is nice and mellow at times. The bass and drums with the clean chords make for nice grooves. What did you use to make the bass? it sounds pretty good for the entire track. The main riff you use a lot has a great feel, it reminds me a little bit of sanitarium. The rhythm guitar parts have a good tone and cool riffs throughout, keep that timing as tight as you can! As far as the leads go I thought you had some nice licks, nothing bad to say except work on a few of those bends. I think it would be cool also to have parts where its dual layered, as in drums/bass and rhythm/lead. A lot of the lead parts would benefit from a cool rhythm going underneath.

What you have here is a great man, the drums and bass sound really good, with some tweaking of the guitar parts it would be even better.

Yeah, I have 2 versions of the song. I have a "live" version, single guitar, that one. Which, lack of being able to record over the past few weeks, I haven't been able to improve on my playing, so... meh, I'm not happy with it, that's all I can say.

And I have a 4 guitar track "studio" version, which I'm going to get recorded after I have a nice single guitar version.

The bass and drums is all from Guitar Pro's "Realistic Sound Engine." There's actually more nice sounding bass tones than I realized, just gotta go through all the settings and find which one you like.
Last edited by xHellbound at Jan 25, 2009,