Is the Ibanez Xiphos worth buying? It seems like it has everything I want. Neck-thru construction, high output passive pickups, cool shape, nice paintjob, thin neck, and a floyd.
Now I've heard the edge 3's on these aren't the greatest things in the world, but I would replace it with a original floyd when it goes down the gutter.

So is the Xiphos worth it plus the extra $150 or so for a new floyd?
Well it may not be worth it to one of us,but the bigger question is if it is worth it to you.If it has all the features you're looking for you should go out and test it extensively until you have a good grasp of the guitars characteristics and feel.Yes,the edge III is a bit dodgy and can wear out since the metal it is made of is pretty soft,but it's not like it craps out after a couple divebombs.If you get the guitar and the edge does go then replacing it with an OFR is a great investment,especially if you love everything else that the Xiphos brings to the table.

Over the years I've found that it is much easier to find a guitar that has my basic specs like feel and playability and upgrade things such as the pups and hardware over time instead of trying to find one that has everything I want.Those guitars either don't exist or cost a freaking arm and a leg.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by EL1XER
Get A jackson, all the things you want, but with a real floyd

You're talking a huge price difference between the Xiphos and a neck thru Jackson,almost 1000 USD actually.If TS had that kind of money to be spending I doubt he'd be asking about the Xiphos.How much does a neck thru warrior go for now anyway?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by EL1XER
Get A jackson, all the things you want, but with a real floyd

The only Jackson I want is a Kelly KE-2 in eerie dress swirl finish, but seeing that I like having arms and legs, I won't be getting anything in that price range for a while.
What Xiphos model is it TS? I was looking at the new '09 models on the Ibanez site and I noticed that there are a few of them now.

Ahhh,I was wondering,since the also have that 27 fret H-S configuration Xiphos now.I've actually played that guitar,although it was a long time ago.From what I remember it was pretty decent,the pups gave a nice metal tone through the dual rec I played it through.Fret work and action were good,and the finish was immaculate.I didn't like the shape or the painted neck,but that's just personal preference,I'm more of a bolt-on super strat kind of guy.

I was looking at doing this a few months back, but i finally decided to go with an S series to save money for the trem.

But yes, it would be worth it. Other than the trem and the strap pins (which you could change yourself pretty easily), it's a fantastic metal guitar for the price.