Are you serious? I've only lived in 4 countries, but I haven't heard many OTHER meanings for it than the regular definition.

So neither of the three options!
"Town" means suburbs down here
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
"a thickly populated area, usually smaller than a city and larger than a village, having fixed boundaries and certain local powers of government."
Quote by Howard2k
Are you serious? I've only lived in 4 countries, but I haven't heard many OTHER meanings for it than the regular definition.

So neither of the three options!

Uh yeah this lol.
its just a small city. not big enough to be a "city" like "franklin township" they usually are in rural areas and have a "downtown" that consists of one "main st." like a 1/4 mile long
"Out of town" means out of whatever town/city you live in.
"Go into town" implies you live away from where you go to buy groceries or make bank transactions or whatever, thus you go into town to do that stuff.
"Town" is less populated than a small city.
Depends: If you're saying something's a town, then yeah, it just means town. But if you say you're going into town, it implies that you live in the country and you're going anywhere populated, be it a city or a town.
People I know say "town" when they are referring to a "township"
I rarely refer to townships, thus rarely use town
(I say city, being that most places I know are incorporated cities)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
In the vernacular, town refers to any population center.

"I've never seen a pink haired hooker in town before." the person can be referring to a city of a million, or a town of a thousand. MEH. MEEEH. MEEEEEEH.
fairly populated area that's fairly built up and generally no tall buildings like skyscrapers. or something like that. just look it up in a dictionary.
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
Was this seriously worth making a thread for? I mean I know its the pit but come on. I believe a town is a town and anyone who means anything other than a town by it is retarded.
Town , by slang, can mean any populated area - town, village, city, whatever.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.