Page 1 of 2
My girlfriend is out of town and I've been dipping like a mad man. I had 2 cans today. Those were my first 2 in over a year. Thoughts on dipping? Good? Bad? Whatever....
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
Bad.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Everyone around here does it and in my opinion it's fucking gross. Do what you will though, just don't spit where I can step in it.
Quote by wesselbindt
It's the act of having sex with a man. And the TS is loving it.

So...the TS had 2 cans of manlove today? ._.
I'm not cool.
Quote by StrangeAngel
So...the TS had 2 cans of manlove today? ._.

Two whole cans
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
It is really ****ing gross. I honestly don't get everyone's deal with tobacco products. They don't taste good and I don't feel good from them. So I see them as pointless.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
This thread is confusing as every has their own definition of this 'dipping' thing.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Rolling Stone is to the music industry what TheOnion.com is to news.

Ambivalence.
Dude who cares if you dip. I don't mean to burn you or anything. But if your current g/f has that big a deal with it seems to me like you need to reassess the relationship. Its not like its pot or coke or anything. Its just dip. I say dip on brotha. And my next cig will be dedicated to you!
Quote by Deflection
This thread is confusing as every has their own definition of this 'dipping' thing.

I thought it was about cheese dip with crackers or something....

Diping?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by Deflection

The term "dipping" as used in this thread i believe is the practice of using a "wet and shredded" tobacco. When place between the lip/cheek and jaw the tobacco secrets that yummy nicotine which is then absorbed into the blood stream.
Quote by shadowfoxomega
Dude who cares if you dip. I don't mean to burn you or anything. But if your current g/f has that big a deal with it seems to me like you need to reassess the relationship. Its not like its pot or coke or anything. Its just dip. I say dip on brotha. And my next cig will be dedicated to you!

Well, I doubt she has a problem with it being tobacco. I could see me having a problem if my girlfriend dipped, because it is really nasty. It smells nasty, the spit is nasty, pretty much everything about it is nasty. I honestly couldn't imagine kissing a girl who dipped. Gross.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Man, all I can say is do what you want. Hell, I do it to. If it makes you feel good and happy, then do it. And if the gf don't like it, point to the nearest available kitchen.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by tayroar
It is really ****ing gross. I honestly don't get everyone's deal with tobacco products. They don't taste good and I don't feel good from them. So I see them as pointless.

This.

Also sorry to ruin the fun but he's talking of chewing tobacco.
Last edited by Tire Me. at Jan 24, 2009,
I used to love dipping. Now it just seems to occasionally come, and then go for a while. My gums started hurting (it was just after I had quit smoking cigarettes; I used to waver between the two), so I just quit. It wasn't hard. I've never been physically addicted to anything, I've usually just wanted either a dip or a cigarette.
Quote by tayroar
Well, I doubt she has a problem with it being tobacco. I could see me having a problem if my girlfriend dipped, because it is really nasty. It smells nasty, the spit is nasty, pretty much everything about it is nasty. I honestly couldn't imagine kissing a girl who dipped. Gross.

But in MOST cases (please no hate mail ladies this is out of my personal exp.) girls that dip are usually lesbians or redneck trailer trash. So there is little chance of that. Unless you like redneck trailer trash then you have other issues to attend to before crossing the kissing a girl that dips bridge. But I do see where you are coming from. It's just one thing if she doesn't want to kiss him with a dip in but totally different if he doesnt and his mouth is clean.
Last edited by shadowfoxomega at Jan 24, 2009,
All that brings to mind is the pictures of people with a disease called "hairy tongue," which is related directly to dipping, that we had to see in health class. It's basically where the cilia on your tongue grow continuously until you basically have hair on your tongue.

By the way, I'm not trying to be preachy with that, that's just what it reminds me of.
Quote by DestinDoom
All that brings to mind is the pictures of people with a disease called "hairy tongue," which is related directly to dipping, that we had to see in health class. It's basically where the cilia on your tongue grow continuously until you basically have hair on your tongue.

By the way, I'm not trying to be preachy with that, that's just what it reminds me of.

I'm no conspiracist, but that my friend is called, "Propaganda". There is little to no medical relevance.
Quote by DestinDoom

You can also get a hairy tongue for not brushing your teeth for a really long time, but you can reverse it in it early growth.
Quote by StevenJ128
I'm no conspiracist, but that my friend is called, "Propaganda". There is little to no medical relevance.

That's possible, I've never been inclined to actually check the facts on that one, since I never had any interest in it anyway.
Quote by tayroar

This and say hello to cancer in your mouth .
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
Quote by shadowfoxomega

****. Shes seen me dip adn all she said was "thats gross. I wish you didn't do that". Not like its a problem, but Ive been with the chick for six months and everything i going great. Don't want to fukc up a good thing.

EDIT: Thats a first for a cig dedication I've had from the Pit. Thanks. Drink a beer too. Poor some out for my dead homie Bradley.
Last edited by NotOneWithNames at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by arizonagt
This and say hello to cancer in your mouth .

I treat my body like an amusement part and the ladies still love it. No worries here. Dipping, drink some beers, shots of jager, took a xanex, surfin the net, and stopin by the pit. Just tryin to get drunk and kill time. This thread was just a random thought that popped into my head. That and I really want Toco Bell. Wish they would deliver. Taco Bell or some kind of sushi...
Quote by NotOneWithNames
****. Shes seen me dip adn all she said was "thats gross. I wish you didn't do that". Not like its a problem, but Ive been with the chick for six months and everything i going great. Don't want to fukc up a good thing.

Understandable brother but to be in a true good relationship both halves have to be their own person or the relastionship will fail (usually quite bad and out of resentment). I mean if youre willing to no dip for her it can go one of to ways 1. She is happy and life goes on as normal or 2. She sees that she can change you and then you will lose who you really are to make her happy and that my friend is a vicious circle that is not pleasent. So its your choice really but trust me you do not want option number 2(and that usually what happens).
Quote by shadowfoxomega
Understandable brother but to be in a true good relationship both halves have to be their own person or the relastionship will fail (usually quite bad and out of resentment). I mean if youre willing to no dip for her it can go one of to ways 1. She is happy and life goes on as normal or 2. She sees that she can change you and then you will lose who you really are to make her happy and that my friend is a vicious circle that is not pleasent. So its your choice really but trust me you do not want option number 2(and that usually what happens).

I'm a smoker. A can of dip that I buy once every other month usually lasts about a week. Thanks for your concern, but I see no worries in the future. It's not like she is making or she asked me to quit playing music. Its just one of those simple things I can do without and it will make her happy, but as I'm sure everyone knows... when the girl is away... its time to play.
Quote by NotOneWithNames

EDIT: Thats a first for a cig dedication I've had from the Pit. Thanks. Drink a beer too. Poor some out for my dead homie Bradley.

Not a problem brother and this shots for you (no beer just vodka) and your dead homie is next. (GOD I LOVE A REASON TO DRINK!)
Last edited by shadowfoxomega at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by tayroar

Good thing we can all agree upon what does and does not taste good or else your post might be completely useless.

On topic, I've never chewed tobacco. I smoke cigarettes occasionally but I don't think I need another tobacco product to get addicted to.
Quote by NotOneWithNames
I'm a smoker. A can of dip that I buy once every other month usually lasts about a week. Thanks for your concern, but I see no worries in the future. It's not like she is making or she asked me to quit playing music. Its just one of those simple things I can do without and it will make her happy, but as I'm sure everyone knows... when the girl is away... its time to play.

True that! Play away. I just hate to see people lose sight of who they are and end up being someone they arent. Been there it SUCKS! thats where the concern comes from.
Quote by NotOneWithNames
That and I really want Toco Bell. Wish they would deliver.

I stopped reading there. I've been planning this as my next business venture. A separate delivery service, specifically to Taco Bell. I'd call it "Dank Delivery Service". You'd pay to have Taco Bell, as with so many others.
Quote by CaptainRon
I think it's a lot worse then smoking in that with dipping you're going to get mouth cancer eventually. It's not a might but a when.

Is that a medical fact?
Quote by shadowfoxomega
True that! Play away. I just hate to see people lose sight of who they are and end up being someone they arent. Been there it SUCKS! thats where the concern comes from.

Well kudos to your concern kind sir, but I assure you its no biggie. We used to joke about how we could never be together because we are both so headstrong, but shes a great to me.
Page 1 of 2