what does everyone think of oasis?

are they good or bad?

i said that they were good at school and everyone groaned. i don't want to embarress myself again, so i have decided to see what you lot think.
yeah, i know wonderwall is pretty amazing... but i havnt even heard of any of their other songs
I don't think of them all that much. Cool name though. "Oasis" Sounds cool when you say it. "Oasis"
AL
They've got great songs: Champagne supernova, Cigarettes & alcohol, Hello, Don't look back in anger...
Their first two albums are really masterpieces, and they really have a sound of their own.
(And yeah, a lot of their songs sound like other songs, but that doesn't mean you can't have your own sound)
I bought a cup of soup from a place called Oasis Soup the other day. I asked the guy why it's called Oasis Soup and he says, 'You get a roll with it'! Booyah!

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I completely shat myself when I pressed that red button.

Oasis drink is better than the band.
Quote by steve_muse
I completely shat myself when I pressed that red button.

Oasis drink is better than the band.

haha Volume a little too high Steve?

Some Might Say is better than the drink

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
some might say is probably one of the best songs ever written. also, in the re first song on the morning glory album, the intro to hello is the same as the main wonderwall riff. live forever has the best drum beat ever. did you know that the lead singer and guitarist (i think) are brothers?
i think you should take this to the right forum, im pretty sure theres already an oasis thread in the alternative/indie forum or whatever the forum is for it.

and wonderwall is overrated, as far as their big hits go

dont look back in anger>>>>>>>>>wonderwall

noel is a dickhead, but i have to admit, he does write some good songs.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by steve_muse
I thought they were married gay couple. Thanks for telling me that.

Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
i agree with that david bowie=god chap. wonder wall is seriosly overatted. still good though. waiting for the rapture from the new album still remains my faviorate though. track no.9 (ain't got nothing) sounds a bit farmiliar, i dont know why. also, bag it up is one of there best.

on the morning glory album, there are two tracks named "unitled" and there actually called the swamp song, i have no idea why they were oput on though. can anyone help on this?
Definitely Maybe                     10/10
(What's the Story) Morning Glory?     9/10
Be Here Now                           8/10
Standing on the Shoulder of Giants    7/10
Heathen Chemistry                     6/10
Don't Believe the Truth               5/10
Dig Out Your Soul                     4/10
Anyone see a trend in my opinion?
404: Sig not found.
I liked Dig Out Your Soul better than Don't Believe The Truth. Favourite song, D'ya Know What I Mean.
Quote by mihikle
on the morning glory album, there are two tracks named "unitled" and there actually called the swamp song, i have no idea why they were oput on though. can anyone help on this?

Swamp Song is a full instrumental track that they used to play as an intro to gigs. They just sliced it into two and put it on the album as a bit of filler.
404: Sig not found.
thanks for that. i was really puzzled on why they were there, until then.
very good band tbh!
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT Mod
Dunlop Crybaby

100 Watt Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo For Sale! £400! PM Me For Details/Offers...
Quote by ChrisN
Definitely Maybe                     10/10
(What's the Story) Morning Glory? 9/10
Be Here Now 8/10
Standing on the Shoulder of Giants 7/10
Heathen Chemistry 6/10
Don't Believe the Truth 5/10
Dig Out Your Soul 4/10
Anyone see a trend in my opinion?

I disagree completely, definately maybe is an album of beatles bootlegs sung in a mancunian accent (where "sunshine" becomes "sooonsheeeiiine"). Morning Glory is admittedly, quite good, but Be Here Now and Standing on the Shoulders of Giants are both truly terrible albums. Their recent stuff is also a bit meh, with the exception of the Importance of Being Idle which is an excellent song.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
I think they're awesome. Sure, they rip the Beatles off as best as they can. But at least they don't try to act like they don't.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think they're awesome. Sure, they rip the Beatles off as best as they can. But at least they don't try to act like they don't.

whether you were being sarcastic or not, i agree, great band, who cares if they may be pricks? They make damn good music.

isn't there a huge thread for them in some other forum though? seems like there would be

edit: I just realized that this post is very similar to one i posted in here a few months back. lol
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Last edited by David_Bowie=GOD at Mar 1, 2009,
I like them, they dont sound like anybody else very unique sound. Whats the story (morning glory) is an album that i can listen to over and over again.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
oasis are easily the best band on the planet right now.
so much talent and expierience.

i think all their albums are great cept maybe "standing on the shoulder of giants" could have been better. i guess also "be here now" could have used a littel more work.

but Noel pumps out so many great songs, even the B sides are fantastic.

if all you listen to is "wonderwall" or "dont look back in anger"

i highly recomend, "shakermaker" "half the wrold away" "let there be love" "hello"
"shes electric" "the importance of being idle"

damn it, just listen to them all
I like Oasis quite a bit really, their new album really surprised me because I didn't expect it to be so good. Champagne Supernova is probably my favorite song by them but its all (mostly) pretty good.
Pot
Kettle
Black
I love oasis.. My fave band easilly. I really dont get how people call noel a dick though??? I can understand liam with his attitude towards the press but they are all pricks in england and thats just a fact about the english press. But noel is fine.. ive seen alot of interviews of him and he just says it like it is hes a not bull**** kinda guy who writes amazing tunes.
Quote by Trikz
I love oasis.. My fave band easilly. I really dont get how people call noel a dick though??? I can understand liam with his attitude towards the press but they are all pricks in england and thats just a fact about the english press. But noel is fine.. ive seen alot of interviews of him and he just says it like it is hes a not bull**** kinda guy who writes amazing tunes.

he sounds kind of like an ass in interviews, but I dont think hes as bad as liam. At least noel has reason to act the way he does, he wrote just about everything the band did(with the exception of a few songs that weren't even big hits).
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Oasis are my favourite band by far.... Live Forever is my favourite track by them, it just means so much to me...

Yeah all their solos are just the pentatonic but i reckon the majority of their solos are way more melodic than complicated ones... listen to Supersonic or the Importance of Being Idle to se what I mean... you can just whistle those solos!!

Liam and Noel are jerks, but I mean I don't give a ****, Noel writes kick ass songs and Liam has an awesome rock voice...

Wonderwall is good, but they have easily thirty better songs...

lol Anyone get my username yet lol??