I purchased a Jackson JS series Kelly today and it was absolutely horrible, not to mention horribly put together. Action was so low every string had crazy buzz, the strings were terrible, and it was even missing a volume pot. After setting it up properly and plugging it into my amp, it sounded horrible. I'm going to take it back tomorrow.

Now, I technically have 300 for a guitar, + 50 to cover a warranty, but if I REALLY like the guitar I'll just use the 50 for it and hope nothin' happens. I play metal, and I'd prefer something that will suit me.

I seen a used guitar at GC, an ESP LTD 400EB i believe? I can't remember, it was explorer shaped with a diamond body and EMGhz's, I believe. Regardless, I love it, and from what I could tell it was in good condition. It's 350 though, so I'd have no warranty.. :/
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
Hmm I'd say get the esp, they generally make good guitars so yeah buy it and put in strap locks and stuff
HateCrewTabber!
The 400 series from LTD is pretty decent,although I thought all guitars in the 400 series that have EMG pups use actives and not the passive Hz's.If it's in good condition and sounds good to you it might be worth taking home.Just do some extensive play tests with it to make sure the frets and everything are in good shape.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Everything was alright, but I just hate not having a warranty. I've only ever been to Guitar Center however, how is SamAsh? Do they have a wider variety of guitars? I'd really, really prefer something for 299.99 that will sound better then my current guitar (a Dean Vendetta 1.0)
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
i really like the ibanez's in the price range...i got a used rg4ex1 off ebay for like $330 with shipping and i love it...you can save money and get a fixed bridge though unless u need the whammy
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Is the extra 50 for an extended warranty or are you buying a new warranty? If it's the former, it's not necessary. Anything that will break on your guitar will most likely happen within the first year and most of the parts are easily replaceable.
Screw the warranty. For an amp? Maybe. Go to pawn shops first just to see what they have before paying full retail. $350 could go a long way.
AL