there might already have been a thread like this, couldnt find it though. what is the best ibane rg series guitar? and not just the most expensive, the the best one for its price.
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34
A PE teachers got a shotput in the side of the dead

Head + dead = dead?
Probably the RG1570 - cheapest, but if modded just as good as any of the others.

But then, some are offered with a neck through construction, I don't know if that has any real advantages, but then I've never played one. People say more sustain as the neck is attached to the body, but the amount of glue holding the sides on should probably offset that anyway, by reducing body resonance. But keeping away from physics, the RG1570, probably...
Adam
Quote by adzlee123
Probably the RG1570 - cheapest, but if modded just as good as any of the others.

But then, some are offered with a neck through construction, I don't know if that has any real advantages, but then I've never played one. People say more sustain as the neck is attached to the body, but the amount of glue holding the sides on should probably offset that anyway, by reducing body resonance. But keeping away from physics, the RG1570, probably...

are you kidding? http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1570-Electric-Guitar?sku=519965 its 900 bucks here
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34
A PE teachers got a shotput in the side of the dead

Head + dead = dead?
you asked for the best one for price

that's a prestige model, better rg's don't exist
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Sorry, I should have been clearer - Cheapest of the RG Prestige series.
The others don't even come anywhere close...

And ^ well, there are J.Custom's but so rare outside Japan, plus, so expensive....
Adam
whatever you do
avoid the EDGE III BRIDGE!!!
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
much rather have a 2570 or whatever over a 1570... I would pay extra for the finish and pickups that come stock.
Quote by Jackolas
much rather have a 2570 or whatever over a 1570... I would pay extra for the finish and pickups that come stock.

truth i mean this is sexy:
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
This isn't wholly related, but I swear I'm not imagining it; pricing on Ibanez guitars (especially the RG series) has raised recently by up to around £200.

I'm not imagining it, am I?

Because I swear that RG1527s, for example, used to be more like £650 - £700, now they're for sale online at £800+!
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by SquierLolz

Holy ****!

Quote by a6l6e6x1
ive only played the RG2550E which i own and love

Nice choice!
This is one of the best RG's I've ever played,and for the price I saw it for,it won best overall value in my book.

Too bad they're hard to find in good condition at a reasonable chunk of change these days...damn collectors

Also,sorry for the gigantic pic.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

im in love with my rg4ex1 cause first, the blue is amazing looking...the pickups are perfect for wut i do, brighter humbuckers than my les paul...and a good compliment to my tele....keep in mind I blocked the bridge though just so i can tune, but I havent had a problem with the edge 3 yet
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
best is probably a j-custom.

best value is probably a 1570 or 1550 with a pickup swap, as already stated.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Mazzakazza
This isn't wholly related, but I swear I'm not imagining it; pricing on Ibanez guitars (especially the RG series) has raised recently by up to around £200.

I'm not imagining it, am I?

Because I swear that RG1527s, for example, used to be more like £650 - £700, now they're for sale online at £800+!

it's meant to be a 20% increase across the range with Ibanez.

I dunno whether that's 20% on wholesale or 20% on RRP but every new ibanez has gone up.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by SquierLolz

I like the orange one better. Every morning, I have 2 convince myself not to take back my RG2550Z that I bought in December and get that orange one. It even has the pickups that I was planning to put in it.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by JELIFISH19
I like the orange one better. Every morning, I have 2 convince myself not to take back my RG2550Z that I bought in December and get that orange one. It even has the pickups that I was planning to put in it.

I like the all blue one personally but orange would be awesome.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lemoninfluence
it's meant to be a 20% increase across the range with Ibanez.

I dunno whether that's 20% on wholesale or 20% on RRP but every new ibanez has gone up.

Ahh. Gotcha, thanks for that.

I'm guessing 20% RRP because it's such a substantial increase.
The best RG imo is the one hanging on the wall.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Pac_man0123
Holy crap prognut did you buy it?

Nope,I missed the chance.The one I posted is off Ibanezrules.com,but it costs close to 1500 .The Petrucci sigs are awesome,one of the best guitars I've played so far,but now the price is getting steep on a lot of them since people consider them collectors items I guess.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I like very much my RG370. It's really a simple guitar, compared to the prestige series. Also its tremolo sucks, but the sound quality is very good. Of course, I bought it in 96. Now I want the fixed RGT6EXFX!
marlos

Ibanez RG370GHWNS
Digitech RP6
Roland CUBE-30X

Roland XP-80
Yamaha PSR-520
Mackie 1202-VLZ
Attack SM800

Yes, the prices have gone up substantially. In Melbourne Australia, the RRP of an RG1570 was $1500, a few months ago it went up to $1900
RG's & Mesa's