I was browsing ebay and i found the emg select passive pickups. I was wondering if the are any good for metal and in the bridge position. Im gonna use them to replace the stock pickups in a free les paul copy im getting. if you know any other better pickups availible to the uk for about £30 please tell me!
Thanks
Gear
Ibanez GRG170DX
Bluerock Begginers Strat
Fender Acoustic
Bluerock Begginers 10W Amp
Lne 6 Spider 3 15
Gear to come
Les Paul Copy(Fixing up to be good)
iron gear hammer heads

much much much better dont get the emgs cause of the name
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Wow! Just looking at those hammerheads and they sound awesome! Balls to the select pickups the hammerheads are what im getting!
Gear
Ibanez GRG170DX
Bluerock Begginers Strat
Fender Acoustic
Lne 6 Spider 3 15
Gear to come
The EMG selects are just that cheap pickups. They arent very good. May not be any better than whats in the guitar.
toneriders are meant to be quite nice for the money too (in addition to irongears). irongears might have more metal-orientated models, though.

haven't tried either, so that's not a recommendation. i'd steer clear of EMG selects, though, they're lower-end than EMG HZs, i think (which are like Duncan Designeds). I imagine that either Irongear or Tonerider would be far superior to EMG selects.

if you can stretch to ~£50 per pickup, swinesheads (have tried, great) or rockmonkeys (hear great things, wound by a UG regular, and there's a 10% UG discount) would be worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Pickups won't change anything significant through either of your amps. Save up for a new amp.
I really hate it when i ask a question about pickups and get the answer of "get a new amp" i asked a question about pickups! Not an amp!
Gear
Ibanez GRG170DX
Bluerock Begginers Strat
Fender Acoustic
Lne 6 Spider 3 15
Gear to come
face it. there's not too much difference thru a spider. Thru pretty much any other amp (except for a low end SS starter type amp) you'll notice them.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
well then i wont have to worry about getting new pickups if i buy a new amp then
Gear
Ibanez GRG170DX
Bluerock Begginers Strat
Fender Acoustic
Lne 6 Spider 3 15
Gear to come
not for a while, anyway. Also, I love machine head. I'd suggest trying a Peavey Vypyr, Peavey Valveking, Line 6 Flextone, or maybe a used Marshall tube amp.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by superkal1
well then i wont have to worry about getting new pickups if i buy a new amp then

true, but then the problem is that you won't have bought pickups to suit your new amp.

still, if your budget's nowhere near getting an amp upgrade, getting the pickups is better than nothing. if you were buying bareknuckles or something like that at £200+, then i'd be telling you to put that towards an amp instead...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?