Hey guys, iv checked out the lessons for pinch harmonics on this site, but i cant seem to get to grips with them, is there any advice or websites you guys could reccomend that could help me learn how to do them?
Quote by Abunai X
Oh my God. I've only laughed out loud on this site about 4 tiems since I signed up.

You have just created a 5th.

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD

for that you get the tower of lulz, with which you can reach the lulgods
Hold the pick in a weird angle towards the strings and have it about 3mm over your thumb.

That's all I understood and I just fiddeled around and they work now.

I recommend thin picks and using the bridge pickup and high gain and treble.
Do the whole vibrato thing with your fretting hand. And with your picking hand, have the pick's edge of where you strike the string right by your thumb...then when you strike do a slight scoop away type deal, to make sure part of your thumb hits the string you struck...kinda confused yeah, good luck
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
riiiiiiiiiiiiight...so hold the pick slightly over my thumb, and mute with my thumb as it hits?
Quote by Abunai X
Oh my God. I've only laughed out loud on this site about 4 tiems since I signed up.

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD

ah cheers bro, checking the vid out now =)
Quote by Abunai X

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD

I suggest you look up some videos on youtube on how to do pinch harmonics.

I didn't get pinch harmonics the first time I tried. With a lot of guitar techniques you can do the technique (like hammer ons and bends) within the first few attempts if you do it really slowly, although you might not do it very well. I found that when I tried pinch harmonics I made no progress in the beginning. I read lots of guides, and watched videos on youtube and followed all the advice but my pinch harmonics still didn't work. I kind of gave up on pinch harmonics, although occasionaly, I would try and practice pinch harmonics, and look at some lessons on how to do them and they still wouldn't work.

Then one day, I tried doing some, and a few of them worked. I'm not great at pinch harmonics now, and it still takes me a few attempts to get one that works, and I don't really practice them.

I guess all I can say from my experience in learning them is that it's not an easy technique, and I think looking at a lot of different lessons on how to do them helped. Because not every lesson will say the exact same thing. They might teach the same technique, but they will describe how to do the exact same thing in different ways. As I suggested before, youtube is a good place to find lessons on pinch harmonics.
ah right, cheers for all the advice guy,s best go check up on some vids now then

Thanks all =)
Quote by Abunai X

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD