Hi guys, Recently I've realised that since I'm a self taught guitarist I have neglected a few little aspects of playing that I think I probably should have learnt. One of these I've discovered is fingerpicking, I even found the picking in Time of Your life hard! Yet I can just about play all chords and lots of other fairly hard songs etc. I usually just learn songs that I like and none of these have really involved finger picking. However right now I'm trying to learn some blues and am being discouraged by my huge lack of fingerpicking ability Anyway I'm just wondering is fingerpicking really worth learning or can i just avoid it alltogether?
Every new technique is worth learning, it will expand your view of the instrument and even if you don't like a whole lot songs that use it, you're still free to use it any way you want.
Why not listen to my songs on my profile?
Quote by nico42
Every new technique is worth learning, it will expand your view of the instrument and even if you don't like a whole lot songs that use it, you're still free to use it any way you want.

This.
Last.fm!

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
This is in the wrong forum, but while you're here, I'll answer your question.

Yes, it's worth it.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
yeah it is worth it, just because it add's to the collection of skills you can incorporate into your own music if you so choose to write your own stuff, but just to tell you ahead of time there are two different styles of finger picking one is Hybrid and the other one is normal..there is no real difference except that in hybrid you hold your pick with your thumb and index finger and use that to pluck the strings in rhythm with your other fingers where normal you dont use a pick only your fingers..it all depends on what type of sound ya wanna go for
Cha
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65