How do people do it? I can't help but get frustrated by flipping burgers for many hours at a time, but everyone else seems pretty content. How do you just zone out while working?
Think about stuff that you like to do.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Get stoned before work? A mate of mine who I was working with last summer washed dishes all day, said he couldn't do it without smoking a bowl in the morning first.
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by Jackolas
Person from a guitar shop on the phone was TOO zoned out the other day....

I dare say you're dying to tell us, so why?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by titsmcgee852
I dare say you're dying to tell us, so why?

It's not that great, but between us speaking it sounded like he was really pushing himself.

"Ahhh.........."

"Sigh............"

They're always like that in my local one. The majority of them have no idea what's going on or the names of anything. They're really hard to talk to actually
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by titsmcgee852
They're always like that in my local one. The majority of them have no idea what's going on or the names of anything. They're really hard to talk to actually

I had to ask him four times to change the order, not even joking.

I've had to ring three times and three different people just to confirm it's on it's way and was actually in stock...
Quote by Random88
Get stoned before work? A mate of mine who I was working with last summer washed dishes all day, said he couldn't do it without smoking a bowl in the morning first.

Dude, I could totally go for that; my brother works at the same place as me and was (apparently) offered pot by some kids that worked there too, maybe they'll be there tomorrow. In any case, my mum would be able to smell pot on my breath and I'd be in deep ****.

It's not working there that gets me pissed off, its a lot of little things; the uniforms are communal so they're always greasy as ****, and I work in the area that cooks so there are all these immigrants out the back that I can't understand (don't get me wrong, I'm not racist and they can speak English pretty well, but their accent is basically completely incoherent).
Quote by Jackolas
I had to ask him four times to change the order, not even joking.

I've had to ring three times and three different people just to confirm it's on it's way and was actually in stock...

I asked for some ESP picks, and he starts going on about how good they are, but they're out of stock, when the box was right in front of him ._.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by titsmcgee852

I asked for some ESP picks, and he starts going on about how good they are, but they're out of stock, when the box was right in front of him ._.

! I wish I could be as laid back as these bastards!
It takes me a while to get zoned out, but it happens everyday at work. Then I do everything wrong
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by kenan6346
Dude, I could totally go for that; my brother works at the same place as me and was (apparently) offered pot by some kids that worked there too, maybe they'll be there tomorrow. In any case, my mum would be able to smell pot on my breath and I'd be in deep ****.

It's not working there that gets me pissed off, its a lot of little things; the uniforms are communal so they're always greasy as ****, and I work in the area that cooks so there are all these immigrants out the back that I can't understand (don't get me wrong, I'm not racist and they can speak English pretty well, but their accent is basically completely incoherent).

Communal uniforms? that can't be hygenic, where do you work?
To zone out at work, I just sit there going over songs in my head, long ones preferably. It's like having an iPod in a workplace they aren't allowed (such as cooking etc).
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Quote by kenan6346

Face facts; your life will never get much better. This is pretty much it.

So in order to zone out, think of other things.

I think of winning the lottery. That works for me.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
Quote by kenan6346

'Special' brownies.
Just don't go overboard with it, and noone'll be any the wiser.
Quote by Jackolas
It's not that great, but between us speaking it sounded like he was really pushing himself.

"Ahhh.........."

"Sigh............"

This is an actual conversation I had on the phone with my local guitar store:

Me: Hey how much would it cost to get the pickups on my guitar changed?
Guy: Are the ones on there broken or something?
Me: Uh no, I just bought some better pickups and I wanna change them?
Guy: *sigh*..... okay I'll see what I can do...

(Puts me on hold, I wait for ten minutes, get annoyed and hang up)

Ten minutes later.... (I had a credit account at this place so that's how they knew my number)

Guy: Dude, I put you on hold for 1 minute and you hang up on me?
Me: I was waiting for 10 minutes!
Guy: *sigh* okay hold on one second.

Guy: Single coil or humbuckers?
Me: Uh.. humbuckers..
Guy: Ahhh sorry, no can do.
(hangs up)
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Quote by kenan6346
don't get me wrong, I'm not racist

The mantra of the racist.

Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Jackolas

Yes! a comment involving my username so I can put it in my sig and look like a tool
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
Quote by andychalmers102
Yes! a comment involving my username so I can put it in my sig and look like a tool

Well played.
I have to have my I-pod. I actually added up the amount of work I did one day, and when I listened to music my productivity levels shot up. Other's even notice how restless I am; when I don't have music to listen to I don't sit still, and go get drinks all the time, and I go to the toilet just for something to do.

So sadly, I don't have any advice for how to zone out, but I do feel your pain! Well, until I listen to music, that is
Quote by Guitarism12
If you zone out to far youll start dribbling, happens to me sometimes

Oh no.. and he makes burgers.. thats the last time I go to you for lunch!
'None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free'