So, I'm applying for college, on the form it has a section title 'About Me'. It says write about hobbies and stuff, does it want me to big myself up or just be honest. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.
hello
Big yourself up abit, because they like confident students...
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT Mod
Dunlop Crybaby

100 Watt Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo For Sale! £400! PM Me For Details/Offers...
Big yourself up; the want to see confidence, individuality, independence, etc., but don't be arrogant because that's the last thing they'll want to see.
It;s college. They don't care. However, if you're American, big yourself up.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're from Manchester. Just be honest, they rarely turn people down. Half the people on my chemistry course only had D/E at GCSE science
Last edited by Knackersacky at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by Knackersacky
It;s college. They don't care. However, if you're American, big yourself up.

Aren't Americans big enough already?
Just copy it from your myspace.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
Don't lie, because if they ever ask you about it, your screwed
Quote by ldnovelo2
That guy Rhys90 is one of the greatest computer genius out there and we must found a religion to honor him
Just say you play guitar and your in a band and stuff.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Quote by Rhys90
Don't lie, because if they ever ask you about it, your screwed

Isn't that the whole point of going to college?
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
write what hobbies you have, what you enjoy doing, your interests, etc, and say why you like them and what you get out of them.

for example: "In my free time I enjoy playing guitar because it gives me an outlet for my creativity"
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Be honest, but look for the positive spin on everything, when I applied to university i put down that I was in a band, which highlighted my ability to work in a team. In addition I had played some charity gigs to raise money for the boxing day tsunami a few years ago, they love charity!

Just avoid saying something like "i play in a band cuz i like loud noises and swinging my head at chavs in my mind"
Quote by tastes_of_ink
Be honest, but look for the positive spin on everything, when I applied to university i put down that I was in a band, which highlighted my ability to work in a team. In addition I had played some charity gigs to raise money for the boxing day tsunami a few years ago, they love charity!

Just avoid saying something like "i play in a band cuz i like loud noises and swinging my head at chavs in my mind"

this is a good reference if you're ever stuck on how to write about yourself in an application style.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.