This is what the title says.

It's going to be an instrumental for my band, we usually do metalcore/hardcore, but im changing it up.

This isn't done, I'm just sticking it up because I'd like to know what everyone else thinks about it.

C4C
Attachments:
Our Revolution.zip
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Last edited by MattAnderson111 at Jan 24, 2009,
I'm sorry but this is still clearly just metalcore. The bass intro is good and I do like how it builds into the swells. The harmonies are solid in the lead, but I have absolutely no idea why you have two bars of 5/4 then two of 3/4. That just equals four of 4/4...as does the next bit where you have a 9/4 then 7/4 - not only is there no need for this, it's actually just wrong as you're clearly playing in 4/4 rather than accentuating the odd beats in these time sigs.

But to be honest, I'm afraid I don't really understand why you've put this up at all - it's clearly nowhere near finished and the ideas are really underdeveloped. Come back when you have something more concrete
Sounded very metalcore TBH.
The bass intro was okay, I would have found it better and two harmonizing guitars like in the first lead section with a bass following the melody a bit.
Quote by b101
have absolutely no idea why you have two bars of 5/4 then two of 3/4. That just equals four of 4/4...as does the next bit where you have a 9/4 then 7/4 - not only is there no need for this, it's actually just wrong as you're clearly playing in 4/4 rather than accentuating the odd beats in these time sigs.

Sorry, man i just try and make the time signatures fit the ideas i use, and these songs are only a reference material for me, to send out to my bandmates, i put it up here to see what people think of the first 40 or so bars, maybe for some advice or something, and yes i realize this is more metalcore, i didnt mean epic as in epic metal genre, i meant epic as in just uplifting, sorry for the confusion.
Poop.

Yes, poop.